No announcement yet.

I committed a Level 3 bad neighbor violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always place my scraps in the freezer, until the morning the trash comes, then place in the trash can. It is still partially frozen when the trash men come. But I see you said you went on vacation so that may not have been an option. I would have personally just left the scraps in the freezer until the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
      Thank goodness it’s over because it was embarrassing. My son and I each killed an axis two weekends ago, and I had both on ice in big 120qt coolers. The carcasses were essentially whole, except we’d quartered the back legs off my buck to get it to fit. I normally let them sit on ice 7-10 days, but since we’re going on vacation this weekend and have a busy week, I butchered them on Sunday. I generally just debone the meat and save the backstrap/tenders and that’s it. Knocked that out no problem, and then...

The scraps and carcass sat in a black trash can in the summer heat for THREE DAYS before the trash came and got them. Even double bagged and sealed as best I could do, the smell was horrifying. The number of flies swarming the trash was something that I’m sure National Geographic would have liked to film. Even after I put a bag over the lid of the can and dumped bleach all over it you still couldn’t get within 20 feet of it without gagging. I had to throw away the clothes I wore when I rolled the can to the street because we couldn’t risk the stench from getting on the other clothes in the wash.

What’s worse is that we live in a very domesticated neighborhood and my neighbors driveway is 3 feet from mine. He began parking his vehicles in the street. People walking their dogs turned around as they approached our house. It was so bad my wife actually waited for nightfall to come home so she wouldn’t have to face the neighborhood.

Finally, yesterday arrived. I wrote a huge apology note to the trash men and promised never to do it again. Thankfully they took the disgusting rotted mess and didn’t retaliate by throwing our can in the middle of the street.

While I was still at work, my wife confirmed that the trash had been taken, then texted me a pic of dish soap and bleach with a demand for ice cream for putting up with my dumb ***. I’ve never scrubbed a trash can before, but I did last night. Fortunately, the can doesn’t stink, and the whole ordeal is over. If I can get any of our neighbors to talk to us again I will apologize profusely for negatively impacting the home values on the street.

From now on, I’m gonna put the carcass back on ice until the day of the trash, you know like what should have been freakin’ obvious to me in the first place.
      This is pure greatness. Please post a generic pic of your neighborhood so I can imagine where this is happening.

Comment

I skin and quarter mine at my property. I'll dump the carcass and cape on the fence line right by my neighbors deer stand! I have no problem with the stench and the buzzards seem to enjoy the meal...

Comment

The beauty of living in Chambers county is for 2 dollars a year I can dump anything I want at one of the remote dump sites.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
            The beauty of living in Chambers county is for 2 dollars a year I can dump anything I want at one of the remote dump sites.
            I agree with that also!

Comment

Man I thought for sure you were going to say you accidentally left the meat in the cooler outside while on vacation, and it went bad.

Who cares about your neighbors, glad the meat is still good!

Comment

My ex butcher buddy says they used cinnamon to keep smell down somewhat on stinky cans. I tried it once with decent results.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                  Do you live in suburbia USA? If so I bet your neighbors are happy with you. lol
                  Its good that I don't care then lol. But I know all of my neighbors and never got any complaints at all.

Comment

You won’t be winning neighbor of the month!

Comment

I did one even worse.

We have public dumpsters right next to some soccer fields the kids in our neighborhood use...

You can guess the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        This is pure greatness. Please post a generic pic of your neighborhood so I can imagine where this is happening.

Kinda like this with the driveways paired up. And no this ain’t my house or street. I’m not dumb enough to give you knuckleheads a location to put a hot pink rooster in my backyard or worse

Comment

I’m not dumb enough to give you knuckleheads a location to put a hot pink rooster in my backyard or worse

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            I keep any scraps in my freezer until trash morning.

Reminds me I have some fish scraps I need to add to the trash tomorrow morning.
                            Yep exactly what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              Yes it is.. Pic is a must..
                              Back when I live in town, in a highly "domesticated neighborhood" I got called a devil worshiper for skinning a deer in my drive way.. Its seems the lady across the street thought that meat grew on a bush or vine or something...

Comment

Kinda like this with the driveways paired up. And no this ain’t my house or street. I’m not dumb enough to give you knuckleheads a location to put a hot pink rooster in my backyard or worse
                                Awesome.. Looks like my old neighborhood...

Comment

Working...
                                X