Aoudad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aoudad

In all honesty how can we cook one? We kept the loins off of a big ram and an entire female we shot. Would like to try some recipes if anyone has some.

Thanks.

Make Jerky out of them! Its good

Comment

Tamales?

Comment

Aoudad is some pretty stout meat. I made jerky out of the ham meat on the one I took. It was good. We tried some backstrap and it was tough and stringy. The animal was a young male so it should have been pretty good....but we are talking about a member of the sheep family.

Comment

Cook it in the oven on plywood tell the wood starts to smoke, throw the meat away and eat the plywood.

Comment

Jerky and sausage is about the best hope. Well, that and boot soles.

Comment

I've made chili out of it and there weren't none leftover...

Comment

Cook it just like whitetail. I'm tired of ya'll yahoos dissing aoudad meat(or any ram meat for that matter)

Meat is meat

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                  Cook it just like whitetail. I'm tired of ya'll yahoos dissing aoudad meat(or any ram meat for that matter)

Meat is meat
                  some are picky as to what they consume, some aren't

Comment

boil it throw the meat to the dog a water the yard with the broth

Comment

Guisada, chili, or gumbo.... that should fix justabout any meat

Comment

I was hoping to see a real recipe or two. We are covered up with them at our West Tx lease. I shot a small kid a few years back and we made chicken freid steak out of it and it was pretty good but a big ram is another story.

We should have a Aoudad cook off at Bownanza and see if we can really come up with some good recipes. Or not.

Comment

There ain't nothin on God's little green earth that cannot be eaten when it's chicken fried. Or covered in some serious spices in a chili.

I got a few good recipes for lamb/sheep if you'd like them...

Comment

Tamales

Comment

one way to do it is pick up some the cajun injector seasonings, I use the bbq or the butter mix. Inject it good and full then put in a crock pot with approx half way up the meat with water.
                              Add some green peppers, onions, salt, pepper, 2 sticks of butter, add some good toni's seasoning.
                              Keep the heat on low, allow to slow cook for approx 24 hrs, keep adding some water if it cooks down.
                              Keep a cover on it the entire time, once it is tender and the meat breaks off easy with a fork its ready.

The key to them is cook them slow and long with good seasonings inside and out and it makes a great roast.

If you try to grill smoke it you will wind up with jerky. Slow cooking or baking is the best way to eat this meat. IMO anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X