Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duplicate... oops

Comment

What areas did the rangers say are best? If you don't mind me asking. The ranger I talked to really wasn't much help.

Comment

Shoot me an email lakawhat@gmail.com

Comment

I'll PM you guys what little info I got. I don't want to post on here for any and every yahoo to see when doing a google search...

I'm planning on heading out tomorrow morning early to stalk around. He talked like I could stalk during the day and find piggies. Could have been old or bad info, I dunno. I want to get to know the area a little before I try to do a night hunt, but that's coming soon too. Probably have to wait for a full moon since I don't have a bow light or anything...

Comment

So I was out there this morning stalking between 2575 and 380 and I came across someone in a pop up blind...

If that was you, I apologize if I disturbed anything you were watching. I saw some tracks, roots and ruts but couldn't tell how fresh any of it was. I didn't see or hear anything except the duck hunters going crazy.

Walked for about 5 hrs today and a little disappointed but I am sure it happens more often than not.

Comment

Sorry, 2756, not 2575.. I think the exhaustion from stalking that area got to me. Some really thick country..

Comment

I've found some really good spots by a very unique way. I fly a powered parachute over the area. Crazy stuff I have seen. Not far from Princeton

Comment

Originally posted by DirkDiggler View Post
                  I'm over in melissa and would like to start hunting lavon. Shoot me a pm and I'll join in when I can.
                  X2. I have the permit. Just haven't gone yet.

Comment

Weird, in high school I use to throw bonfire parties in some of those areas and we would drink and smoke cigars because we thought we were cool. Had no idea people hunted out there, that may have been about 5 years ago. Lol I'm glad nobody ended up getting shot by a bow. Hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Wapiti Seeker View Post
                      I've found some really good spots by a very unique way. I fly a powered parachute over the area. Crazy stuff I have seen. Not far from Princeton

Probably an awesome way to scout!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
                        Weird, in high school I use to throw bonfire parties in some of those areas and we would drink and smoke cigars because we thought we were cool. Had no idea people hunted out there, that may have been about 5 years ago. Lol I'm glad nobody ended up getting shot by a bow. Hahah
                        Years ago, some other folks had burnings out there. A lot of white robes.

Comment

We should end this thread now. No hogs out there, move along folks.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post

Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                              We're not talkin about the "H" now.

I've been squirrel huntin a lot at Lavon. If any of you newbies want to just go scout around, give me a holler. You can get your scouting done and maybe I can get some dinner. Thinkin about checkin out unit 4 here pretty quick.

Comment

i know people are saying there are no hogs at Lake Lavon but i was wondering if anyone has been lucky recently? and if not where is another good place to go hunting for hogs? im planing on going hunting next weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X