No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some beautiful artifacts Steve!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Comment

So is the same camp sight that started this thread? If so that was one heck of a camp and nice finds garguy!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        more from thursday
        Now you're just showing off.

Comment

Originally posted by bazo View Post
          do you have a couple pieces of paleo there in your hand with all the smaller points? I see 2 that look like parts of points i have found.
          yep

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            Maybe that red color was from some heat treatment either accidentally or on purpose. Stones used in middens changed color and became glassy and were much easier to knapp. I even use heat treating on some stuff but I use an electric roaster and play sand. After all I am playing
            There are several old middens out on my deer lease in Sterling County that I have collected rock from to make points. Most of it looks real close to that Marcos.
            Spot on.

Comment

How do I contact Garguy?

Comment

If you read this Garguy, text me (409)454-2809

Comment

Artifacts

Did this did end in 2016?

Comment

I'm going to post this picture here so I don't lose it (which I did but luckily wife had it on her phone). This is Garguy mentoring Colton when Garguy stopped by for a visit last summer while Colton and I were sifting in his creek. This pictures speaks volumes...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Such a cool picture Johnny. It really speaks volumes. Master teacher and his student.

I hope your son continues the passion as you have taught him. I'm seeing it more and more in my sons as we hunt for and find artifacts from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Big thicket View Post
                        Actually, we started a new dig with Justin, Southerncamo and found thousands upon thousands of fine artifacts last year! Johnny dug with us a lot as well.

We did several hunts at this excavation as well and Johnny and Justin both scored a lot of artifacts!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          I'm going to post this picture here so I don't lose it (which I did but luckily wife had it on her phone). This is Garguy mentoring Colton when Garguy stopped by for a visit last summer while Colton and I were sifting in his creek. This pictures speaks volumes...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          That Colton is a fine young man. He may have been mentoring me in that pic.

Comment

Awesome picture Johnny and Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by Big thicket View Post

Steve when this wet weather subsides it's going be time to fire up big blue and kill some dirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great find great read thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X