No announcement yet.

Shooting platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build you a 2x4 frame for a box blind on top of the tower and cover with camo. Add plywood as $$ allows. This way you can hunt from it this rifle season and maybe by next season actually have a box blind.

Comment

Hunted one (4x8). In the shade, it is cool in warm weather as opposed to a box.
      6-7’ high, but it seemed plenty.

BP

Comment

Find some scaffolding. Easy to transport and set up. I believe a set runs about about $ 100.

Comment

Thx for the replies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
            I know a guy in Walker that makes them out of steel, takedown so one person can set up and takedown, around 200.00

Can’t build out of treated wood for that price. The wood platforms are very heavy when property built. A very real struggle for two people to move.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
              I did something like that and put a pop up on it. It worked great.
              Depends on how much material you have, it may be worth it to put some 2x4’s in the corner and put some tin on top to keep the rain off of you.

Then you could kinda block off the wind with some panels,and maybe put in a couple of Windows and a piece to use a s a door..........Well son of a gun....you built a blind.

Comment

Academy sells a pretty decent 2 person quad pod for ~$250

Comment

This is my bow set up but not rifle. There arent really trees that are ladder stand worthy in our area and we have to have pens secondary to the pigs. This was my solution.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                    Find some scaffolding. Easy to transport and set up. I believe a set runs about about $ 100.

I've hunted out of old scaffolding that osha won't allow on jobsites anymore. It's free and plenty good enough to use for hunting

Comment

Working...
                    X