Help me find a truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    And I got 5k off mine in November in OK. Every truck I tried to buy in Texas they would not move on. Carmax tells you right up front they won't move on price.

$20,000 from 401k - $5,000 taxes. $15,000 clear.

6.25% tax on the truck + $60 for registration and then whatever they charge for title transfer fees, I don't remember the cost.

Realistically should be looking at trucks he can buy for about $13,500. You aren't talking down a $20-22,000 truck to $13,500 unless it is a super desperate individual and if somebody was wanting to get rid of something that bad I would be leery of the truck anyway.
    They actually pulled $25k to give me $20k in pocket. I know it sucks, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      What do y'all think about this? I'm kind of leary of it.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...692190164.html
      It is probably too good to be true, but it is a dealer, call them and feel em out.

Comment

Don't worry what other people say! You do you bro! I've been up and I've been down...... it's always a ride and a learning experience. I'm headed to the auction in two weeks in Dallas to get a car. If your interested in going let me know. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
          Probably because if you finance, you have a monthly payment and not everyone can fit an extra monthly payment into their budget. Purely a guess though...
          Never meant to offend anyone, and if I did I apologize. Hate that OP is having to do this, but yea, I get it.

We started saving about 4 years ago knowing we'd have one of the kiddo's in college and wouldn't be able to add a note to our household.

OP, my apology if I offended you in anyway. Hope you're able to find the right vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            What engine? How far are you from Dallas?
            Truck has been sold. Lasted only 2 hrs after I posted this sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
              Truck has been sold. Lasted only 2 hrs after I posted this sorry.

Yeah I said that was a smoking deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That pickup I told you about has some scratches on the sides from trees in cow pastures. Last I knew the only dent was above one of the brake lights. When I first washed it for previous boss it had no dents. He’d probably sell it unless something changed. May only have less than 30,000 miles now. Not certain.

Comment

You can’t beat the 7.3 motor and you can find good ones around 10k

Comment

Originally posted by TSpradlin View Post
                    You can’t beat the 7.3 motor and you can find good ones around 10k
                    Your avatar is disturbing

Comment

Pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                        Pm sent.
                        PM returned. Thanks for all the help everyone. It will be probably another week or so before I actually have the $, so I'm window shopping right now. getting ready to go out and work on ol Gertrude and see if she get me through another week.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                          Looks to good to be true
                          It's been removed

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            It's been removed
                            Yeah. Something just didn't quite right about that one.

Comment

Money should be here Wednesday or Thursday. I'm going to look closer to home here in the Dallas area. But I will keep all of your finds in mind though. Thanks for the help!

Comment

What do y'all think about a 2012 Dodge 1500 with the 5.7 and 91,000 mile on it? Carfax looked good on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X