Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get fresh garden tomatoes in NE & East TX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get fresh garden tomatoes in NE & East TX?

Haven’t got to a grow a garden in a while. Found a small source of home grown maters near MT Pleasant but that one is almost done for the summer. Me needs more acidic, red maters.

Anyone know of any near Mt Vernon or elsewhere?
    Attached Files

Pm rocky

Comment

I believe there are several Kelly’s Produce stands around there. I know there is one between Bogata and Talco that has tons of fresh fruit and vegetables and canned goods.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Pm rocky
          I’m done. Deer got me.

Comment

I would kill for farm fresh anything out here in the desert. Y’all just send some my way

Comment

Originally posted by westTXgirl View Post
              I would kill for farm fresh anything out here in the desert. Y’all just send some my way
              When I can get back to growing large gardens again I won’t mind sharing veggies with folks like I used to do. It requires a lot of labor of course. Originally had family helping out, but in the end it was just myself doing it all. Will be starting over from scratch. Sold off almost everything.

Comment

I have been producing more than my wife can eat but I am a bit too far away from you for just some maters.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                  I have been producing more than my wife can eat but I am a bit too far away from you for just some maters.
                  Kind offer from you, sir.

Comment

We had a ton just about every day for the last month. Came back from vacation and gave up.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      We had a ton just about every day for the last month. Came back from vacation and gave up.
                      Show off.

Those look nice.

There’s not much better than sitting down to a meal with fresh, juicy, red things, fried squash, fried okra (or okra patties), sliced cucumbers, and sweet peaches.

Maybe have fried chicken tenders prepared from scratch or salmon patties. Stewed tomatoes with okra goes really well with the latter.

Comment

I don't know about the maters, but your avatar cracks me up

Comment

My neighbor behind me has ~ 1/2 an acre planted in tomatoes. I think he picks on Mondays and Thursdays and sells to the fruit stands in the area.

Comment

Working...
                          X