Age and score this 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age and score this 8

Me and my buddy are thinking this guy is in the 140 range and around 3 1/2....what do yall think?
    Attached Files

Great buck, goodness....

Comment

He looks no younger than 4 to me but I would say 5. Score a little over 140?

Comment

Hard to really tell his age, but he has a lot of leg on him that makes me think he's still pretty young. I'm gonna say 3 1/2 YO and I'd score him at 128".

Comment

I agree 3.5....He wont go near 140

130ish max

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler's Outdoor View Post
            Hard to really tell his age, but he has a lot of leg on him that makes me think he's still pretty young. I'm gonna say 3 1/2 YO and I'd score him at 128".
            Spot on IMO. I shot a buck almost identical to him (although older) who had taller browtines and came in at 132". Similar spread, tine/beam length and mass.

Comment

I was thinking the lack of brow tines hurts him.

Comment

Age seems right. He is not going to be 140 though, weak brows are hurting him. Probably 125.

Comment

Lack of brow tine length that is, and the velvet makes him look bigger....I'm pretty new to this scoring game so I'm following my lead.

Comment

No way he's 140. Nice deer though.

Comment

123-125

Comment

3.5 yr...high 120s

Comment

3.5 and 130 give or take an inch

Comment

I may be missing something. I'm coming up with 117-120" Brow tines hurt. Nice buck though.

Comment

I think you have the age correct but are pretty far off on the score. Ive got 130 give or take a few inches. Here is an eight I took last year that scored 145 even. Back tines were nearly 13" to give you an idea. It takes a lot for an eight to get over 140.

Comment

Working...
                              X