Buying Hunting Land - Any Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Hunting Land - Any Suggestions

Last night I got the green light to find some acreage for hunting and family gatherings. Any one have any recommendations where to start the search? Any TBH realtors? Looking for a space for whitetail, hog, dove, and a place to ride toys around.
    150-300 acres is about the size we would want.
    Prefer a finished house for the wives.
    Would like to be about 2 or 2.5 from Dallas.

Thanks.
    Brad

I'm an agent But Chance Love deals with larger tracks I'd get with him.

Comment

Like posted, get with Chance. He has helped us buy & sell land. Great guy to work with!

Comment

Quicker than I though, thank you.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Lots of properties east of DFW on this site.

Hunting Properties, Farm Land, Cattle Ranches for Sale in Texas and Oklahoma

Comment

No partners, especially family. Do not let the buddy that helps you on occasion turn into the silent partner that is expecting to be on the place all the time. Land can be a blessing and a curse at the same time, just keep it simple. Be realistic about projects and take it slow enough so you can each improvement a step at a time. Good luck and congrats!!

Comment

Wish I had money to buy 300 acres lol.

That would be 2 million for land around me'

Congrats

Comment

I work for Texas Hunting Land so feel free to reach out to me for any assistance.

Scott Thomason - Farm and Ranch Real Estate Sales Associate - BIO, Contact Information and Listings

Comment

I casually looked for about a year and I was probably still another year away from pulling the trigger when the piece of property I own came up. Everything I had read from people who bought land was they had wished they had done it earlier.

I would make a list of counties you want to purchase land in with the features you want the property to have (electricity, water, access, tanks / creeks). I would expand your search in the terms of dollars and acres just so you know what is the market. I used Texashuntingland.com and LandsofTexas.com in my search. When I did pull the trigger, I had a good feeling for what was on the market and what I was buying.

My other thought is the distance is a big factor. My place is 2.5 hours away and I wouldn't want it other further. Actually I wish it was closer. Also take into account all the extra money you will spend on the place as those dollars add up quickly. I ended up doing Phase 1, 2, and 3 all within the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                      I'm an agent But Chance Love deals with larger tracks I'd get with him.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...mber.php?u=216
                      Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      Like posted, get with Chance. He has helped us buy & sell land. Great guy to work with!

Thanks, y'all!

PM sent.

Comment

I want to know the story on "wives" and how you got them all to give a green light to buy land.

Comment

My brother in law would be on the land along with my dad, so when I say "wives" I mean my mom, my wife, and my sister.
                          Rose wine, lots of it.
                          A salesmen's spin on how great it would be for a family retreat full well knowing it would be more for getting drunk, grilling meat, buying motor toys, and harvesting animals.

Comment

Thanks for clarity on "wives"..

Good luck with your search and congrats on being able to purchase.

Comment

You're welcome...

Comment

Working...
                              X