No announcement yet.

Honda Rancher or Polaris Sportsman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all the people who say honda, how many actually own a Honda atv? Or is your opinion based on what your wife's cousins dad's mothers uncle in law said?

I've owned honda and polaris. Both have broke down. I currently ride a polaris sportsman 500 atv and have had absolutely zero issues with it. Starts and runs great. The irs is awesome!

In my opinion, both are great machines.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
      Id stick with the Honda since you already owned one since 2006 and it was solid!
      Only had is a year but it was flawless.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
        For all the people who say honda, how many actually own a Honda atv? Or is your opinion based on what your wife's cousins dad's mothers uncle in law said?

I've owned honda and polaris. Both have broke down. I currently ride a polaris sportsman 500 atv and have had absolutely zero issues with it. Starts and runs great. The irs is awesome!

In my opinion, both are great machines.
        What year is your sportsman?

Comment

I've had both, I'll stick with Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
            What year is your sportsman?

2002 and still going strong!

Also have a 2006 polaris ranger. Only thing I've done to it is change the oil, rear bushings, fuel pump and a battery.

Comment

As someone who frequents ATV parks and sees these machines get used to their fullest potential... get the Honda. The only way I see those break is if they get sunk in water. I see all sorts of Polaris products, Sportsmans included, getting towed back to camp for a number of different reasons.

Comment

2012 rancher here, never had a issue. Honda forme

Comment

I've had many different products from Honda from motorcycles, three-wheelers (bunch of them), 4-wheelers, 2 different Pioneers, generators, lawn mowers,and automobiles... In '04 I bought a Polaris ATP-330 (it's a sportsman with a small dump bed). It was a good machine, but no comparison with the Honda machines. Honda machines were quieter, smoother riding, better gearing/tranny's, and never had a warranty service issue... Polaris had multiple things happen... Worst of which was a rear drive line to spline sleeve failure about as far as I could get from a road or my truck... I finally got it back to a road I could get my truck/trailer to and got it loaded with only the front wheel pulling... I sold it after multiple CV joint failures on the front end... I won't make that mistake again. I did take it in some rough stuff, but nowhere I hadn't been with the Honda machines. Didn't have that issue with the Honda's...

Comment

Owned a honda for a couple years with a few rides at the lease from stand to camp. Spent the day on it moving stands to a new lease and the solid axle suspension was miserable. Came home and cleaned it up and promptly put it on Craigslist. Bought an 06 Sportsman 700 and was amazed at the ride difference. Been running it since with absolutely zero issues. I’m sure a honda with irs would be a great machine, but I have trouble justifying paying 10k to get the better ride when I can go to Oklahoma and buy a brand new sportsman for just over 5. I rode my father in laws rancher (solid axle) the other day and not much has changed with the ride.......no thanks. Guess it would be ok if I was just putting around on the lease on 10 minute runs. Just something to consider

Comment

I had a ‘91 Fourtrax 300. It did not have much power but it was extremely reliable. I lost count how many ATVs I got unstuck with the Fourtrax. Ended up having to trade it for a truck. Last I heard the Fourtrax is still running strong.

Comment

Is this really a question?

Honda x1000

Comment

Never owned anything but my 2014 Sportsman. The EPS and IRS are the bomb. I have not had a single problem with mine. I went with the IRS because at the time Honda did not have one.

Comment

Honda for sure and be done!!

Comment

have a 99 Honda recon , never had an issue with it and still going strong !!

Comment

My dad has a sportsman that's been great, but he's an old man and he putts around on it, rarely in 4wd and don't think it's ever been above 3rd gear. He's had it for at least 10 years with no issues but it hasn't been worked too much other than pulling a small trailer and never abused either. I do think Honda's are generally more reliable

Comment

Working...
                                X