No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we are in 6b, problems for the whole season until now.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
      somebody borrowed my buddy' s sd card went after he realized hes pic was taken when he was borrowing corn from his feeder. we have one pic of the guy but cant see the face the good thing is that he left the blind. im guessing healready borrowed from "05 gray Ghost" lol.

sorry to hear that brother I hate people that do that stuff.
      Where were you hunting?
      This guy sent the sd card to the office saying he found it, and it was my buddy's sd. I guess he didn't see the pic of him stealing corn. Stacy has the pic now and she thinks she know him. Anybody know him???
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Z7buckmaster; 01-30-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

sorry to hear that brother I hate people that do that stuff.
        Where were you hunting?

Comment

6B, the park ranger are on his tail now I think they know who he is.

Comment

6B, the park ranger are on his tail now I think they know who he is.
            Wounded if it's the same guy that visited my camera. Left the card and camera alone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359729607.011787.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	24166018

Comment

Guess that is one way to do your scouting...look at everyone else's cameras...booo

Comment

This guy sent the sd card to the office saying he found it, and it was my buddy's sd. I guess he didn't see the pic of him stealing corn. Stacy has the pic now and she thinks she know him. Anybody know him???
                I thought it was a requirement to wear an orange safety vest on public land. Yes or no? Thanks!

Comment

When is the shooting test done to hunt LGT?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                    When is the shooting test done to hunt LGT?
                    at your leisure - you have to shoot at a range and get a scorecard signed then turn it in with your paperwork at orientation time...usually in August.

BTW - you have to turn in your app etc. usually before July 4th.

Comment

Got two does this year out there, decent for my first year ever I think. Saw five small bucks (4-8points) not legal to kill and two small spikes that I let walk. Pretty sure one day i saw a nice big buck but he was too smart would not walk out all i could see is big deer mass in a brush ... if only he would of walked four feet forward!

Next year plan on doing the same thing pretty much.

One thing I noticed is by the end of the season I'm pretty sure the Does knew where I was at. Next year I plan on moving my blind mid-season to a different angle (same general area) and re-brushing it in, mostly due to not just me thinking the does figured me out but also the sun changing angles.

So why I think they knew where I was... So i'd go check my camera and everyday at 9am three does would come eat...Except the days I would go out there. I also noticed the sun entered my blind at exactly the 9am time period they would show up. At one point i even thought about hiding under the opening of my blind until 9:10am then jump up and shoot!...but never did hah.

Some of the bucks I saw I actually managed to call in with Doe bleats. First time that has ever worked for me. Too bad they were all small ;/.

Besides the spikes the only two legal bucks I saw out there on my camera are posted on this thread I believe.

Both smart deer....only come out at night time!

What about everyone else how did the year shape out?
                      Last edited by Falling; 02-26-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YLEKeyeOT View Post
                        at your leisure - you have to shoot at a range and get a scorecard signed then turn it in with your paperwork at orientation time...usually in August.

BTW - you have to turn in your app etc. usually before July 4th.
                        Where do I get the app and can I do the range shooting at any range like Double G?

Comment

Also is it a drawing like Granger?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                            Also is it a drawing like Granger?
                            Double Gs did mine. Also there was no drawing last year, everyone who entered got in.

They said prob same thing will happen next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                              Double Gs did mine. Also there was no drawing last year, everyone who entered got in.

They said prob same thing will happen next year.
                              Great thanks for the info Im sure Ill be asking more questions later.

Comment

Double G is where I shot last year as well.

you can pick up the applications at the Project Office or I think you can get one on the website. They won't have them available yet...maybe late May or June-ish?

They used to draw and let in 100. Last year there were only like 120 who put in apps so they just opened it up to them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X