Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falling View Post
    failed joke for specialized department of PETA.

I am unsure if it is OK or not, best to ask Ranger.
    I'd just avoid them, because I have no skill at killing snakes, and I know that's how most people get bite...messing with them.
    It's actually funnier since you had to explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
      failed joke for specialized department of PETA.

I am unsure if it is OK or not, best to ask Ranger.
      I'd just avoid them, because I have no skill at killing snakes, and I know that's how most people get bite...messing with them.
      PETA folks or snakes

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
        This is why I wear snake boots at Georgetown. Stepped about 3 feet from this guy the other morning. Good thing it was still early and he was warming up!

This pic make me feel good about getting snake boots the other day. First day out there scouting, I just couldn't bring myself to walk in tall grass or any place I couldn't see where I was stepping.

Still cautious walking out there, but have less concern being out there by myself.

Comment

Walked around today and found a place and hung my stand. I did not see any feeders or other stands around so I hope I'm good.

Comment

Have to move mind another 100', as I'm withing 200' from another stand. Was told I could stay, but if the other hunter had an issue, I'd have to move. Looking for relaxation, so to avoid drama, going to move my stand tomorrow.

Hope you're good Smoothboar.

Comment

I have NO idea. But I really like where I am at. If I have to move, I hope I can get an idea from The GW where I can possibly go in that same area.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                Just post some pics anyone else have some decent deer coming in, This at my buddies spot I havent put a camera up at mine yet.

Comment

Waiting on the email to know if my stand is safe or not is killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
                    Waiting on the email to know if my stand is safe or not is killing me.
                    I went to tejas park an spoke to the check in guy there ad he told me if I didn't get a response in email then call the office and see if they got the email. I didn't call because later sat after noon I got a reply. I would call up there and see if those coordinates are good.

Comment

I know what you mean. Hopefully the ranger is not off this tuesday and Wednesday also.

Comment

I got an email late Friday that said I was too close to a trail. Moved the blind today, sent in new coordinates and got reply that all is good now. Officer Burditt said that their server had been down, so they couldn't check coordinates.

Comment

the girls are going wild on me feerder.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have to move my stand. That's ok. I guess
                            Last edited by SMOOTHboar; 09-03-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I got the email today, I'm ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                                the girls are going wild on me feerder.
                                DANG!!! Gilrs gone wild!!

I got a couple of pictures of a doe with her fawn. Wish I had more action

Comment

Working...
                                X