Alfalfa Pellets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfalfa Pellets

Anyone ever feed Alfalfa Pellets or mix them with their protein feed? Our feed mill has them for $8.65 per 50 pound bag and they are 17% protein....

Thoughts....

Yes, we mix them in our protein feeders and the deer gobble them up.

Comment

That's a very good price also. I think around San Antonio they are north of $11/bag...

Comment

Yes, we would mix. Deer would fight over it every morning and evening since we made some timed protein feeders

Comment

Which feed mill you getting them from?

Comment

I haven’t bought any. The price just caught
            my eye and I wondered how the deer liked them. That price is at the Bohuslav Feed Mill in Komensky near Moulton, TX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would the alfalfa pellets work in a spin feeder mixed with corn? The deer on our place love the hay bales and Chafhay we have used in the past, I just don’t know how the pellets will work in the spin feeder. Would the gum up the funnel?

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                Would the alfalfa pellets work in a spin feeder mixed with corn? The deer on our place love the hay bales and Chafhay we have used in the past, I just don’t know how the pellets will work in the spin feeder. Would the gum up the funnel?
                In for an answer to that

Comment

I put some out one year. They ate everything but the alfalfa pellets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRSHUNTER View Post

Same here. Never again for me.

Comment

Good info... thanks for the replies.

Comment

Bee County Co-op pellets have alfalfa in the protein pellets.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                          Bee County Co-op pellets have alfalfa in the protein pellets.
                          Heading out west with some Bee County Co-op pellets next Thursday and gonna see how the muleys and west TX whitetail like them!

Comment

Originally posted by DRSHUNTER View Post

I've seen both.. Its puzzling.
                            In the hill country the deer fight over it..
                            Behind my house in Brazoria county they wont touch it. I feed it in a free choice feeder mixed with corn and they eat the corn and nock the alfalfa pellets to the ground.. The pellets just pile up.. I actually have video of them licking the pellets to the ground to get to more corn..

Comment

I tried them years ago and deer would not touch them. Keep thinking I should try them again.

Comment

Working...
                              X