Ford Mustang Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    I won't turn off the nanny's unless I'm out on the back roads...they work great & without them could have very well met a curb myself!! The 1/4 mile junkies are another breed & am seeing guys like Vengeance Racing putting 1000 at the tires on these ZL1's!!

The A10's on the 2019 naturally aspirated 5.0 Stang & 6.2 SS are going to surprise some folks...those two vehicles are the best bang for the buck going right now. I think Chevy goofed the front end 2019 Refresh of the Gen6.

You guys gotta take a look at the All Wheel Drive Jeep Grand Cherokee Track Hawk...$100k plus car but it's a 5000 pound grocery getter that can likely hang with the ZRI in the 1/4!! Crazy fast. I think that hellcat engine is under rated at 707 myself & actually puts out more than Dodge states.

I hear you when I bought my car I did look at the hellcat and strongly considered it. It came down to a cosmetic decision for myself, and the 18’s sound really good.

Comment

350 base is right under $55k.

I still need to get over to do the Ford Racing School in Utah.

There's a semi local vette guy that has sort of been running his mouth about racing but every time I respond he goes radio silent. I've even asked him about some of the autocross events around and can't get a response. I might just have to show up one day and crash the vette circle jerk.

I ran into a 1LE last night and a couple of vettes. I think I skeered them off.

The '18 GTs also have the option for the A10. Some local guys ran a high 11 in one.

Ford should take their tranny back seeing as how they were not happy with GMs part of the deal.

Artos, is that your garage?

Comment

Yes sir...the man cave needs a good cleaning!! Mostly, I need to get these consignments sold as I have a bunch of boxes / packaging / etc in the way & The z is now too close to the reloading / work area.

You should be able to handle any stingray...the grand sport & zo6 will be tough to hang with a good driver. That A10 5.0 pass you refer to turned out to not be a stock vehicle. Had DR's, CAI & I forget what else. I mean come on now. YOURS is faster & cannot consistently hit the high 11's in 100% stock form. Heck, I've only seen just a few high 11's all stock A10 ZL1 runs make that mark so far, but track conditions should start turning out some better times for all. I'm not really a 1/4 mile guy but have come to understand a little bit & it's the 60ft off the line I think is so hard to nail (at least it would be for me) to achieve the 11's consistently. I cannot figure out getting a good dig just yet & hard to keep tires hooked up. I also don't get a lot of time in her. Had if for 14 months & under 4k miles...embarrassing.

Ford dumped way more $$$$ into the development of the A10 than GM did from what I understood, but haven't heard anything on the butt-hurt?? It was my understanding Ford was allowed to launch more offerings out of the gate or something to the effect?? I do know Ford launched theirs n the 17 Ford Raptor & GM in the 17 Camaro ZL1 & now have one in my brand new company F150.

Again, the Mustang 5.0 vs the Camaro 6.2 SS debate / competition is going to be REALLY fun to watch with both offering the A10. The competition is moving the improved performances & is good for everyone.

Not sure if you ever had a chance to see this episode of Motor Trend, but I'm sure you will get a smile out it...they did the test M6 vs M6 which made it fair & good on MT for that!! The ZL1 easily beats the 350R on turns & the strip, but they like the feel & sound of the voodoo, so Ford oddly wins coming in 2nd. Whenever you got time.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Seriously, I'll ping you if I do get the opportunity to ever hit COTA...it is on the bucket list but I most certainly am going to sign up as novice & do it right / pay a little more for an instructor. Also gotta research helmets.

Comment

Pulled up next to a Camareo Fireball 700 on Saturday. Listed at 720 hp out of the box....wow!

Comment

Yes sir...the man cave needs a good cleaning!!
            I need info on the floor. I want to do something like that with mine. Looks awesome.

That A10 5.0 pass you refer to turned out to not be a stock vehicle. Had DR's, CAI & I forget what else.
            I did not know that. I'll have to run over there and knock heads. I know most of those guys.

I cannot figure out getting a good dig just yet & hard to keep tires hooked up.I also don't get a lot of time in her. Had if for 14 months & under 4k miles...embarrassing.
            I can help you with that. I used to do a lot of that in a former life.

I've got a little over 2k on mine and have had it since Dec.

Ford dumped way more $$$$ into the development of the A10 than GM did from what I understood, but haven't heard anything on the butt-hurt?? It was my understanding Ford was allowed to launch more offerings out of the gate or something to the effect?? I do know Ford launched theirs n the 17 Ford Raptor & GM in the 17 Camaro ZL1 & now have one in my brand new company F150.
            I read something that said Ford was to develop a rwd performance tranny and GM was to develop some fwd tranny that they could eash use. Obviously GM likes the A10 but Ford didn't care too much for what GM developed.

Not sure if you ever had a chance to see this episode of Motor Trend, but I'm sure you will get a smile out it...they did the test M6 vs M6 which made it fair & good on MT for that!! The ZL1 easily beats the 350R on turns & the strip, but they like the feel & sound of the voodoo, so Ford oddly wins coming in 2nd. Whenever you got time.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I have indeed seen that vid. That's where my statement earlier in this thread came from.

Seriously, I'll ping you if I do get the opportunity to ever hit COTA...it is on the bucket list but I most certainly am going to sign up as novice & do it right / pay a little more for an instructor. Also gotta research helmets.
            Is that the track that they were going to turn into houses awhile back?

I need to look into a new helmet also.

Comment

Brother...COTA is the track they agreed to build if Formula 1 would commit to a yearly appearance. They spent chingos of $$$$ to make it happen.

Circuit Of The Americas

Set on 1,500 acres, just outside of Downtown Austin, explore COTA's entire campus and take a look at our live interactive map.

The floor is nothing special...simply vinyl 1ft squares glued onto the flatwork. I park on basic rubber foot door mats to keep the whites from staining. There was a thread on C6 that had a much better option where the industrial squares (replaceable) were a much nicer touch if you want me to find it. This chap had a multi car set up & it didn't make any sense for me with our humble home.

Best thing I did was get the best double insulated garage door that I could find & install a Daikin mini split unit...we leave the door from the garage to the house open & have not seen any increase on our bill.
              Last edited by Artos; 05-20-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Gotcha...I was getting it mixed up with TWS.

Are you talking about the grid lock flooring?

Comment

These will be collector cars, not meant for daily driving or track work.

There will only be 10 of the Super Snakes built and they will be from period correct donor cars.

I’m kind of confused on what the series 2 car is going to be but again it will be a collector, not a daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Fooshman View Post
                    Gotcha...I was getting it mixed up with TWS.

Are you talking about the grid lock flooring?
                    I assume so...to be honest, I'm no expert on the matter but will try to find the link for ya. It seemed like a better option but recall the cost being excessive compared to basic vinyl.

~~~~~~~~

mike, if only 10 supers are going to be built...you can expect $500k plus & only the players like Hendrick to be players. I'm actually being conservative on estimated price as the like will want serial #1 going for 7 figures.

Comment

Hot off the presses...mlee (mike) is a cool cat/buddy & resides in the Houston area. Well connected within the GM links but looks like he's playing the down low.

For those interested we got a spotting of the possible 19 ZL1 / changes...looks like they lowered the 'ricer' (albeit extremely functional) aero wing on the 1Le & sorta diggin it.

Don't like the rear tail lights at all...icky.

Last edited by Artos; 05-20-2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Nice car... I'm buying an airplane.

Comment

Fooshman...ran across this vid on C6 forum & found a quick 1/4 time & got a couple of tire questions. The GY F1 tires were said to be developed specifically for the Gen6 ZL1 and track days. They are outstanding when the pavement is warm & GM even states not to drive them below 40 & can confirm they actually suck in even 60-70 degrees. A lot of owners are switching to rubber better suited for daily driving. Living in the extreme heat / Valley & being a weekend rod with hopes of tracking, I'll be sticking with these F1's. Having said that & performance tires being very expensive with replacements needed in 1/4 to 1/2 of what I'm used to, here's where I'm going.

In this 11.3 pass, I hear what I consider is a proper/decent line lock to warm the rubber up...I tried to find a vid of something similar, but only found excessive/show boat abuse. SO, what sort of wear does this moderate line lock take off?? Meaning, if they were new how many miles was taken off for our normal daily & spirited street use??

Here is the pass:

...and how many miles does the abuse/show boat do?? I just see chingos of $20 bills flying off here!!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Finally, I'm assuming your 350 comes standard with CUP 2 or CUP 4's & how do you like them & what will you get when the time comes?? They are said to be a superior performance tire for the street & DD in colder / wet conditions, but tend to get WAY more torn up vs the F1's according to the experienced track rats which makes sense since we are talking different applications / desired needs between the two. The biggest complaint for the ZL1 / DD guys is the car is flat out scary / dangerous in wet conditions why many are switching.
                          Last edited by Artos; 05-22-2018, 07:09 PM.

Comment

If you can't throw a bloody animal in the back without getting queasy, I don't need it.....

Comment

The Bronco will deserve it's own thread when it's out. The pic you posted looks basically like a expedition with a different front facia / Grill. I thought the Bronco was going to be 2-door?

Comment

Ford isn’t bringing back the Bronco, they’re bringing back the Bronco II. They might call it a Bronco, but it won’t be the type of vehicle that made the Bronco what it was or that will have Bronco fans feeling like their long lost love has returned. And given the quality of my 2015 and 2018 F150’s, the “Bronco” for **** sure won’t hold up like one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X