Age this one please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age this one please

I think he's a four year old but not sure...what say the brain trust?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1383174243966.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	24995010

think he might be 5

Comment

i would agree

Comment

I would say 5

Comment

4.5+

Comment

Yup...5.5

Comment

5.5 or more, he's a heavy one for sure. Looks to be the boss in that area.

Comment

Yep 4.5 year old and if that deer is in lyons I would say your plots and management program are working I live and hunt near you in snook. Thats a good buck for the area. Now the question of do you pass and hope the neighbors agree with your management strategy or reap the rewards from your hard work?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
                  Yep 4.5 year old and if that deer is in lyons I would say your plots and management program are working I live and hunt near you in snook. Thats a good buck for the area. Now the question of do you pass and hope the neighbors agree with your management strategy or reap the rewards from your hard work?
                  Yep its in Lyons. Great question.

There is a little hunting pressure around but not alot. 2 neighbors don't hunt but they have small places like mine. But there are a few other places that I have heard some shots during the season.

If my son gets a shot at him then he will go for him. It would be his largest buck. I'm not sure I will or not. I am bow hunting only this year so we will see. Depends on the circumstance.

Comment

4 or 5.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        Yep its in Lyons. Great question.

If my son gets a shot at him then he will go for him. It would be his largest buck. I'm not sure I will or not. I am bow hunting only this year so we will see. Depends on the circumstance.
                        I love your response. Thats how it should be. Good luck to you both.

PS. I once passed on a buck to allow my Son to get his chance. Well, he did and made a bad shot. I ended up taking him during the last week or so of the season. Not my biggest buck to date but definately my favorite to date. Its on his wall of course. Make memories no matter what you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                          I love your response. Thats how it should be. Good luck to you both.

PS. I once passed on a buck to allow my Son to get his chance. Well, he did and made a bad shot. I ended up taking him during the last week or so of the season. Not my biggest buck to date but definately my favorite to date. Its on his wall of course. Make memories no matter what you decide.
                          Agreed 100%. My brother is not a hunting nut like I am....or maybe not as much as I am. Either way he has never shot a really good buck. I just got him into bowhunting and set him up on his first doe. He is hunting a really nice 8 this year that I have decided to pass. If he gets him great if not he will be a 5 year old next year and should be a stud.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X