Who shoots Backtension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who shoots Backtension?

Recently I took the leap and bought a BT release at the urging of a couple of friends and fellow shooters. After getting the nerve to actually draw the bow with it, taking a bunch of up close shots just to get the feel down, then re sighting in based on the anchor change, I can say im most definately a believer in the method of shooting and using this type of release. My groups got smaller by a couple of inches, and the shots felt much more consistent to me. Though I don't feel I'd ever take a release like this into the field, for target shooting I don't think I'll ever go back. What's your thoughts on em and who all uses them and what for?

Same as you. Love hate thing. Love em for target. Hate em for huntin.

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

I guess they have their pros and cons. But it did make a noticeable difference in my accuracy within the first hour of picking one up. Maybe its that it encourages proper form or gives a more repeatable release or something. But I was surprised to say the least. I havent knocked myself out yet so I guess took the learning curve well.

Comment

It will teach you how the shoot should feel, but you can still punch one or bust your teeth out with it. If you can learn to shoot the BT without thinking about the process, then you should be able to do the same with any release.

Comment

A great learning tool. It teaches you to aim or else. The or else can get ugly.

Comment

Working...
            X