Just a tad windy this evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a tad windy this evening

I could be at home with my fleece pants on, feet up on the couch, watching football and eating chips. But that don't put arras in pigs now do it? Instead I'm 15 ft up, securely tied to a tree waiting patiently for the gluttons to arrive. The winds have finally died down to around 138mph, so as long as I time the gusts right I oughta be able to put one in a pig by aiming 40 or 50 feet in front of it. Gonna be a little tougher hunt tonight because when the feeder went off the corn blew a good 40 yards before it hit the ground.

What the hell was I thinking coming out here? I guess you can't kill em from the couch.

Careful up there. Pigs ain't worth getting hurt over.

But it will be intersting to see if you can hit a stationary target while YOU are moving...

Comment

What?.. You don't practice from the back of the truck at interstate speeds while on the county road, just in case you ever decide to hunt in the wind???

Comment

Lol...well I hope they show up and you get one.
        Be safe!

Comment

Good luck, I went to my lease yesterday and took down one of my tree stands that was in a dead tree. I figured if I didn't the wind today would knock it over, of some of the larger braches above it would damage it

Comment

Good luck & be safe

Comment

Working...
            X