No announcement yet.

Service Diesel Exhaust System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I deleted my 08 and never looked back. The mileage improvement was well worth it. I didn't do any crazy tunes and kept my foot out of it so I actually realized the gains. It sounds like a jet engine with straight exhaust on it but it's actually pretty cool. Sold the truck to my FIL and it is still running like a champ 30k later. If he would just wash it occasionally, I wouldn't feel as bad for letting it go.

For the EGR delete on the 6.4, I went with the block off plates which leaves the EGR system in place. The truck looks stock to the untrained eye. I ran the crankcase vent to the exhaust. No coolant filter or anything like that. I used the cheap XS tuner since I didn't plan on doing any adjustments after the delete. Plus it doesn't tip everyone off that the truck is modified.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      I'm in Wharton County, we have no emissions test. Not sure about Montgomery county, if so you will have to find a shop that will take a little extra cash for a slip through.
      no emissions test on diesel

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
        no emissions test on diesel
        Didn't know that. Addicted should be good to go then.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
          I got the same year as you. Haven't had that problem YET but be ready for the service traction control, service stabilitak, service trailer brake controller messages. I'm dealing with that right now and from what I read they really can't pinpoint the problem. Just have to replace parts in hopes of fixing it. I had mine in the shop once already then broke 2 days later. Won't start in my driveway. Finally got it started but scared to drive cause has left me stranded once already. Good luck.
          Buddy of mines did the exact same thing about a month ago. It ended up being the transmission control module. That part is covered under warranty to 80,000 miles. The dealer tried to tell him it wasn't, but he did his homework and saved himself a grand.

Comment

Didn't know that. Addicted should be good to go then.
            Maybe if you consider against the law "good to go"

Comment

You guys with warranties don't worry about voiding them with the deletes?

Comment

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think Cummins has known of a problem for a while. The motorhome had an EGR code coming over the Chesapeake Bay bridge. Cummins in Baltimore changed almost everything but the tank and reflashed the computer.

Comment

We have had 2 trucks (both Duramax) have this issue. Our delivery truck has been in the shop 5 times now, all except for the last time were covered under warranty because it was "our fault" (completely different story). Originally had the DEF Reductant tank heater go out. Have to replace the whole reductant tank, which was on backorder forever and then ended up being out of spec due to the new supplier. So GM miraculously finds a pallet of the old style tanks in a warehouse somewhere. Later the pump went bad along with a number of other things.

My personal truck just had to have the reductant tank replaced

Comment

I haven't had any issues yet but I definitely plan on deleting next year when my warranty is up.

Comment

I'm on the verge of trading the truck in after its diagnosed. I don't want to have to deal with it just 20k miles down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
                          I got the same year as you. Haven't had that problem YET but be ready for the service traction control, service stabilitak, service trailer brake controller messages. I'm dealing with that right now and from what I read they really can't pinpoint the problem. Just have to replace parts in hopes of fixing it. I had mine in the shop once already then broke 2 days later. Won't start in my driveway. Finally got it started but scared to drive cause has left me stranded once already. Good luck.
                          I have a 2013 GMC 2500 with a little over 60,000 and had this same problem (service traction control/stabilitrak, etc.) not to long ago, turned out to be the transmission control module which just so you know is covered under the powertrain warranty so do not let them tell you otherwise like they tried with me (long story).

I had the DEF heater issue earlier this year as well, took awhile as the part was back ordered nationwide as others have stated. Really hoping that I'm done with any other issues for awhile.

Comment

Thanks Corn Sack and CodeBlue. I have 125000 miles so no more warranty. I'm gonna look into the TCM. The shop I had it at said everything was fine but dirty connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
                              My buddy has the same truck and had the same issue at about the same mileage. They ended up replacing the whole DEF tank. Said the heater in the tank was not working. Part was on national back order at the time. Seems to be a common issue with these trucks

This^^^^

Comment

Tuner $750
                                Exhaust $1200
                                Egr and Dpf delete kit $600
                                Labor $500
                                To delete a truck, do you have to have the new exhaust and kit or is a tuner that has delete capability enough?

Comment

Working...
                                X