Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you call it? Ranch or Lease/Deer Lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    I was there about 7 years ago as a guest. Iraan...right? Were there not two camps at one time? A North camp and south one?

That my man is a Ranch. 65,000acres . The largest place I have ever hunted. We drove for like 45 mins just to get to our turkey spot from camp!

Magical to just walk it. Saw tons of Mulies and Whitetail. You hunt a heck of lease.

It has changed a lot since then. It was 40k at its biggest and then the lease for the north side with the university of Texas ran out. It did have 2 camps the main camp and the red man camp.

We have 22k now, everything south of the university fence. This is season 13 I have been on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      It has changed a lot since then. It was 40k at its biggest and then the lease for the north side with the university of Texas ran out. It did have 2 camps the main camp and the red man camp.

We have 22k now, everything south of the university fence. This is season 13 I have been on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      PM inbound

Comment

Lease, deer lease or “The” ranch...... but never “my” ranch as I don’t own it.

Comment

Lease or Deer Lease for places I pay to hunt in Texas
          Farm for 118acre family place in Texas
          Property Name Owners Name or Physically Address for small places I hunt for free in Texas
          Ranch for places I hunt in Old Mexico ����

Comment

Lease

Comment

What do you call it? Ranch or Lease/Deer Lease.

Tried but doesn’t really feel right to me to refer to our 80 acres as the ranch. If I raised packs of ostrich, sheep, goats, cattle or bunnies, THEN I’d be all over that and it’d be The Hunt Ranch! [emoji3]

We just call it Quinton.

The lease in Push county is, well...the lease.

Comment

I use both terms...Ranch....Lease. Not really sure it matters. I pay to hunt on a Ranch. I am certainly not confused about ownership. LOL

Comment

“The lease”... unless I’m trying to impress some chick and call it “the ranch”. Then she realizes I’m a broke *** fireman and knows I don’t have a ranch!

Comment

To me deer lease, deer camp, bow lease and ranch are interchangeable. Really "it" is all those things. As far as I know the word "ranch" is not a possessive term. Maybe that is the difference between saying I am headed to The Ranch vs My Ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                      To me deer lease, deer camp, bow lease and ranch are interchangeable. Really "it" is all those things. As far as I know the word "ranch" is not a possessive term. Maybe that is the difference between saying I am headed to The Ranch vs My Ranch.
                      This^^^^

Comment

The money pit

Comment

nvr mind
                          Last edited by Smart; 06-26-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Deer camp even though I own it. In Texas, no cattle = NO ranch

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle_Teddy View Post
                              In Texas, no cattle = NO ranch

Man those goat, sheep, and wildlife ranchers are gonna be ****** when they get your rule book.

Comment

Deer ranch lease

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X