#neverstoplearning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Neither area viable option as far as I’m concerned. Neither is necessary.

Why not the outrage on handguns? There’s more people killed on a weekend in Chicago (every weekend) than are killed in these mass shootings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Bottom line is guns don’t kill people without the person holding it pulling the trigger. We can complain all we want but the idiots that do these things don’t care what the law is.

Comment

When I started this thread I hoped it wouldn't turn into a big Chipper bashing thing. I disagree with him but if I still had Direct TV I would watch his show. Getting rid of or banning AR's is ridiculous and isn't going to solve anything. Letting the good guys (teachers and coaches) carry on campus would save a lot of lives and prevent a lot of shootings.

Comment

Well, so long boys. I will use my right to not watch your program. You made your decision and I’ll make mine.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
          When I started this thread I hoped it wouldn't turn into a big Chipper bashing thing. I disagree with him but if I still had Direct TV I would watch his show. Getting rid of or banning AR's is ridiculous and isn't going to solve anything. Letting the good guys (teachers and coaches) carry on campus would save a lot of lives and prevent a lot of shootings.
          Don’t understand why they don’t do this

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
            Bottom line is guns don’t kill people without the person holding it pulling the trigger. We can complain all we want but the idiots that do these things don’t care what the law is.

This we can agree on.

Banning or unnecessarily regulating AR15s we can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Chipper doubled down. He made his bed, and he's about to lie in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                You need to read Chipper's original statement in order to know what these letters on their website are talking about. Chipper clearly advocated for banning civilian ownership of ARs.

“I believe in our Constitutional right to bear arms and protect ourselves,” Jones said. “But I do not believe there is any need for civilians to own assault rifles. I just don’t.

“I would like to see something (new legislation) happen. I liken it to drugs – you’re not going to get rid of all the guns. But AR-15s and AK-47s and all this kind of stuff – they belong in the hands of soldiers. Those belong in the hands of people who know how to operate them, and whose lives depend on them operating them. Not with civilians. I have no problem with hunting rifles and shotguns and pistols and what-not. But I’m totally against civilians having those kinds of automatic and semi-automatic weapons.”

https://www.myajc.com/blog/jeff-schu...sLgAq7FePpvFJ/

I don't believe there's a NEED for a jock to make 15 million a year playing with a ball either.

Comment

#neverstoplearning

I have no problem with what he said. I’m not a Chipper fan but he has a right to speak his mind.
                  I don’t watch his show but wouldn’t stop because of that statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Black Ice; 03-01-2018, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    I have no problem with what he said. I’m not a Chipper fan but he has a right to speak his mind.
                    Of course he has the right.....and I won't mess with his 1st Amendment if he don't mess with my 2nd Amendment.

Comment

I like the guy. I don’t fully agree with his statement and I really don’t watch his show, but would if it came on in the rare moment I’m watching television.

We have a mental health issue, we have a violence issue, we have an obesity issue, we have education issues.... and everyone is entitled to their opinion about said issues. I’m not going to pull a third grader and freak out when someone disagrees with me and make it a point to avoid them.

I don’t agree with Chipper any more than I agree with the group that promotes fear in order to get scared people to pay money to protect a RIGHT that they’re GUARANTEED, then turns around and pad the pockets of conservative politicians that are already voting “pro-gun”. Both thought processes seem pretty far out there to me, but I’m not going to disassociate with people who have those convictions.

Comment

Liked them and will never watch them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X