Searching for a small canvas wall tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching for a small canvas wall tent

So I am, or have been, searching for a good canvas wall tent. Something in the 7x9 or 8x10 size. Seems like it is difficult to find a gently used one and I am not willing to lay down a grand to give canvas a try. I really want simple. No need for an integrated floor, etc.

Reaching out to the green screen for some help as searches haven't come up all that promising. Seems everything is gigantic and expensive. Was hoping maybe to find a surplus military tent... but those seem harder to find.

Where is a good place to look... recommendations and experiences would be awesome. Likely would build a deck for it, so one other reason I dont want 12x14 just yet. (for those familiar with my mini hunting lodge build... I do just fine with 8x8....)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Springbar Tents has one called the Vagabond thats 8x10 for I think $550. Im about to pull the trigger on it. I wish they had a hole for a small wood stove pipe tho.

Comment

Davis Tent & Awning (Denver) has a 8x10 for 439$, can add a stove jack, window, etc, for a fee. Good product, We've been using a 12x14 of theirs for annual Colorado hunt for the last 15 years & have had zero problems/issues,very happy with the tent. Might give them a call and ask about used tents, they sometimes sell their rentals.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        . Likely would build a deck for it, so one other reason I dont want 12x14 just yet. (for those familiar with my mini hunting lodge build... I do just fine with 8x8....)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
        We had a small military canvas tent set up on a deck up in the mountains. Left some food in it and the bears tore it to shreds.
        Check online military surplus and see if you can find an olive drab canvas tent reasonably priced.

Comment

Check out the Kodiak tents.

Comment

Originally posted by TxArcheo View Post
            Davis Tent & Awning (Denver) has a 8x10 for 439$, can add a stove jack, window, etc, for a fee. Good product, We've been using a 12x14 of theirs for annual Colorado hunt for the last 15 years & have had zero problems/issues,very happy with the tent. Might give them a call and ask about used tents, they sometimes sell their rentals.
            If Davis can do something like this for that price, you can't go wrong.

Comment

Kodiak Canvas Tent is the way to go. You can get them brand new for a great price. They sell a 10' x 10' for about $500.
              Kodiak Canvas 10 x 10 ft. Flex-Bow Basic Canvas Camping Tent - great camping tent and family tent

Amazon has a 4 person Kodiak canvas tent that's listed as a 9' x 8' for $469

I own the 10' x 14' Deluxe and have used it on a Colorado mule deer hunt with temps dipping down into the teens. One buddy heater will keep the thing super warm to where you'll have to shed clothes to feel comfortable. Like you, I wanted a good sturdy canvas tent, but didn't want to pay $1,000+. Great tents.

Comment

Muzzle Loading & Black Powder Guns Kits, Parts, Accoutrements, Rendezvous Gear & Primitive Americana.

Comment

Have you thought of a small garage tent/canopy ? I believe northern or harbor freight run them for under $200.

Comment

I have been looking at them also, and will probably pull the trigger this year if any closeouts surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      If Davis can do something like this for that price, you can't go wrong.
                      That Davis will run you a bit more by the time you add a few necessary options. Probably in the $600 Range. IMO screened windows are an absolute must have, stove jack is necessary in extreme cold climate but nice in CO, and a mud flap is necessary as well.

Comment

Kodiak has the standard 10X10 on now for $399. I have this tent and can set it up by myself in 10 min.

Comment

What about Army surplus? We bought one years ago for an elk hunt in Colorado that worked great. Had the hole for a stove also

Comment

It is Competitive Edge Products that has this price with free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold 1 View Post
                              Kodiak has the standard 10X10 on now for $399. I have this tent and can set it up by myself in 10 min.
                              Awesome tents.

Comment

Working...
                              X