Mr. or Ms. Screech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    We've had a screech owl box at each of our homes. We've had a nesting pair in each, but not year in and year out. Here are some pics from our family a couple years ago. We really enjoyed watching them.

[ATTACH]852172[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]852173[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]852174[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]852175[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]852176[/ATTACH]
    Those are great pics, can you share what your technique was to light them up and get those action pics?

We have a wood duck and a hawk nesting in our trees this year, would be cool to have owls as well, just not sure if that would be the end of my daughter's chickens?

Comment

Neat pictures!

Comment

Will the same pair of owls use it each year?

Comment

Not sure 16, did a little looking and couldn't find anything.

Unfortunately we did find one of the young dead in our front yard yesterday, no idea what happened. Mother nature is cruel.

We think there is still on in the box, will update later.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            Those are great pics, can you share what your technique was to light them up and get those action pics?

We have a wood duck and a hawk nesting in our trees this year, would be cool to have owls as well, just not sure if that would be the end of my daughter's chickens?
            I used my external flash on my Canon 5D MkIII with my Sigma 150-600mm lens.

Comment

I put a new box up this past fall, and it sat empty all winter. Have a move in this past week, I wonder if it is the same owl as last year, or one of their young returning.
              Attached Files

Comment

Neat stuff - I love owls.

Comment

Those are some cool birds and great pics. Thanks for sharing them. Those owls are so cool.

Comment

As of today, he or she is sitting higher in the box, and he or she spends more of the day in the opening. I'm not an owl, but I would thing there is either eggs or owlets in the nest.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very cool

Comment

We have them in the box again. First time in a few years. Love having them hanging around.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Aww man that is so cool. Phenomenal pics

Comment

Hopefully soon be able to post pics of owlets peeking out of the box.

Comment

I had one of ours fly in during some nice light over the weekend. I was able to get my camera and sneak up on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screech owl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	24539209

Razor..hopefully you'll see babies soon. Owls are some of the coolest creatures around. Keep us posted!!

Comment

At least one owlet, Mr. or Mrs. Fuzzy, poked the head out today.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X