Wiring LED BAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring LED BAR

Quick question for those of you who rig your own electronics. When you bought your wiring harness, did it come with a on/off push button or did it come with a plug that plugs into your rocker switch?

I have bought rocker switches for all my accessories but the wiring harnesses came with push button on/off switches. Do you just cut the wire and wire up the switch or should you get a plug for it? Sorry for dumb ???

You can use whichever rocker switch you prefer... Just make sure to use a relay... Hardly any switches can handle 20-30 amps and that is what most larger led bars pull

Comment

Thanks! Info have the relay

Comment

Yeah bro just cut it and wire to your switch. Good luck and enjoy

Comment

I've done it both ways. A rocker switch is probably less likely to fail later on, since the little push button switches seem pretty flimsy, but get seem to work OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can use whatever switch you want, but I had an issue where my lighted rocker switch stayed lit 24/7 when I hooked it up to a different harness that came with a push button switch. The issue I think was that on that particular harness, there was only one hot wire. On other harnesses I've used there was a red and black for the actual power, then a red and black for the switch that we wired to the ignition harness.

Comment

Is it possible to wire fog lights into the existing stock wires that are already on the truck?

Comment

I bought a 20 amp rocker switch for my led bar. I will handle anything up to 240 watts. If you need a higher wattage led bar then a relay is probably the best option like what was previously said.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                  Is it possible to wire fog lights into the existing stock wires that are already on the truck?

Like it already has fog lights, but you want to upgrade to some led's? Should be a piece of cake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                    Sure it is possible. If you just want to replace factory fog lights with brighter LED ones then use the stock wires. If you want to add an LED light bar and have it activated when you turn on your fog lights then use a relay.

Comment

Thanks - I've got everything wired up but I also have issue with switch staying lit 24/7. Going to try and fix that this weekend.... so I can hook battery back up. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X