Rangefinder with angle compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangefinder with angle compensation

I know this has probably been covered and I’ve watched videos and read posts. There seems to be people on both sides of his topic so I will just ask for me.

Crossbow hunting in a tree stand 20ft up, do I need a rangefinder that gives me angle compensation?

Thx in advance.

It doesn’t hurt to have it. Most rangefinders come with it now

Comment

Oh I’m sure. I guess my follow up question is do I upgrade my current RF that doesn’t have that feature.

Comment

What range finders do y’all recommend?

Comment

Unless you’re hunting in mountains with extreme angles, you don’t need angle compensation.

Comment

Once in the tree, I just range at eye level to stationary things before I start the hunt. That way I know the distance before the critter gets there. You could always range from the base of your tree before ascending it too. I hunt the flat lands of Texas.

Comment

Pathagorean Therum formula will get you what you want to know. If you're 20ft up a tree shooting at something 60 ft (20 yards) away, the straight line of site distance is 21.1 yards.

I can't tell the difference in arrow impact between 20 yards and 21.1 yards. Maybe some archers can.....???

Comment

Most rangefinder have it these days. Even my old Leupold does. Academy had the Sig Kilo1400bdx on sale yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X