New Canon Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Canon Gear

Any of you other Canon shooters (or others who haven't learned the error of their ways ) see the new Canon EOS R5 and R6 as well as the new lenses that released this week?

That R5 looks mighty tempting, though I might need to sell just about every piece of gear that I have to afford it. Also that 100-500L with a 1.4x converter seems to be a pretty sweet option for some wildlife photography. With the telconverter, that ought to be about 700mm at f8 with Canon L quality glass.

I've been excited for the R5 since adding the R to my kit. I'm going to wait and see how it goes over the next 6-12 months after they start shipping before pulling the trigger. I'm less interested in the video capability and more interested in the AF, added resolution over the R, fps and the DR.

Its an exciting announcement by Canon and I'll own one, eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
      I've been excited for the R5 since adding the R to my kit. I'm going to wait and see how it goes over the next 6-12 months after they start shipping before pulling the trigger. I'm less interested in the video capability and more interested in the AF, added resolution over the R, fps and the DR.

Its an exciting announcement by Canon and I'll own one, eventually.
      I am thinking the same on just about all of that. I also love that they brought back the joystick and back wheel on this. Just feels more at home to me compared to the R with the touch bar and the D-pad like controller on the back.

Comment

I'm in the minority. I love the Touch Bar. I didn't at first but quickly got used to it. I use it for ISO and it's been awesome. I was actually sad to see that they removed it on the R5.

I haven't picked up my 5DSR but a handful of times since getting the R. What has me really excited about the R5 is the 45mp - with 50 on the 5DSR you've got a lot of room to crop that you just don't have on the R. And, even with a 500mm and a 1.4x there are times where you need to crop, the extra resolution is nice to have. And the frame rate on both is horrible for wildlife/BIF in comparison.

I'll be watching the Canon pro's who shoot wildlife to get their thoughts and see if they're putting down their 1DXIII and switching for good.

Comment

Working...
        X