Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your guess on voter turnout this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s not about how many votes or about who you vote for . It’s about who counts the votes .

Comment

My guess on turnout will be about what it was in 2016; or perhaps a tad lower.

Trump's base is extremely motivated and will vote in full force. Although there are a few 2016 voters for Trump that will either not vote or vote for Biden, I think that number will be eclipsed by the pickup of new Trump voters.

As stated, the entire Biden campaign is anti-Trump; mostly built on emotion and very little policy discussion. This type of campaign at least historically, only energizes a base that is highly likely to vote regardless. I think there will be a fair amount of fence sitters and moderate democrats that simply stay home and not vote at all; especially if Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed before the election. If Barrett is not confirmed, that would at least put an issue on the ticket for the moderate dems.

What's nuts is Biden isn't really even campaigning hard; which is obviously what you would think he needs to do in order to pick up the moderate democrat that might just stay home. The Biden campaign strategy is perplexing to say the least. It's almost like they are throwing in the towel and are preparing to contest the outcome and/or harvest thousands of mail-in ballets that will just magically appear days after the election.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
        My guess on turnout will be about what it was in 2016; or perhaps a tad lower.

Trump's base is extremely motivated and will vote in full force. Although there are a few 2016 voters for Trump that will either not vote or vote for Biden, I think that number will be eclipsed by the pickup of new Trump voters.

As stated, the entire Biden campaign is anti-Trump; mostly built on emotion and very little policy discussion. This type of campaign at least historically, only energizes a base that is highly likely to vote regardless. I think there will be a fair amount of fence sitters and moderate democrats that simply stay home and not vote at all; especially if Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed before the election. If Barrett is not confirmed, that would at least put an issue on the ticket for the moderate dems.

What's nuts is Biden isn't really even campaigning hard; which is obviously what you would think he needs to do in order to pick up the moderate democrat that might just stay home. The Biden campaign strategy is perplexing to say the least. It's almost like they are throwing in the towel and are preparing to contest the outcome and/or harvest thousands of mail-in ballets that will just magically appear days after the election.
        I agree with you last paragraph, no need to give Biden a chance to screw it up.. Just have your ppl count the ballots.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          Think about a contested election past Trump's term on January 20th, 2021 at noon.. Speaker becomes President till the winner is determined.
          Well then, let's just hope we flip the House while we're at it.

Comment

Well said Capt.! I could not agree more.

Comment

Turnout will be higher I think. This isn't your typical election year.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                My belief is low voter turnout is the best chance Trump has to win. I believe Trump voters are highly energized and motivated. Whereas it appears most Biden voters are more anti trump than pro Biden. { Just me but how can you get excited about Joe Biden? }

But in my travels around the country once out of the pro Trump echo chamber I am truly concerned with his chances to win.
                Biden voters are just mad at Trump, antifa and blm's job was to make voters hate Trump and vote him out of office. Sure couldn't sell Biden to get out the votes out so they sold the hate, riots, and looting as all Trump's fault. And the democrat's voting base bought it hook line and sinker.

Voting numbers will be higher than ever before due to the mail in voting. Strange how they'll wait until after the election to start counting the mail in ballots, that's so they'll know how many votes they have to find for the win.

Comment

More people will vote than live in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    Biden voters are just mad at Trump, antifa and blm's job was to make voters hate Trump and vote him out of office. Sure couldn't sell Biden to get out the votes out so they sold the hate, riots, and looting as all Trump's fault. And the democrat's voting base bought it hook line and sinker.

Voting numbers will be higher than ever before due to the mail in voting. Strange how they'll wait until after the election to start counting the mail in ballots, that's so they'll know how many votes they have to find for the win.
                    It's as obvious as Jeff E. did not kill himself.

It just shows how corrupt the entire system is including judges. Amazing they show their hand and everyone knows the plan yet they blatantly still do it and no one calls them out on it.

They'll probably start screaming that Trumps doing it right before they do it.

Comment

I'm just ready for November 4th but afraid it will not end at that time. Tired of all the political talk. Sorry. I'm out now.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
                        More people will vote than live in America.
                        I agree. Ballot harvesting will set new records.

Comment

Turn out will be much greater well after Nov 3!!

Comment

Just read an article about Trump surging in the poles. I think the Dems will get fired from local, state, and at national levels. This is going to be something to watch. Thanks planed demec, thanks Antifa and BLM, thanks Russian hoax.
                            I think the chickens are coming home to roost................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              Just read an article about Trump surging in the poles. I think the Dems will get fired from local, state, and at national levels. This is going to be something to watch. Thanks planed demec, thanks Antifa and BLM, thanks Russian hoax.
                              I sure hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                                I sure hope so. x2

Comment

Working...
                                X