Traditional FSC week 36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag soup yesterday.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      My target didn't survive last nights storm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      I made sure to flip the foam block with the tags to the bottom. Weve some more storms inbound. Super Hurray!

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        Show a pic of the heads you're shooting at birds, please. That sounds very interesting. And are you using flu flu fletchings to limit over-flight?
        TT...I just used 300 gn BBs. I have screw on judo adapters but left them off because I knew Id be shooting through small windows obstructed by numerous twigs and leaves...I figured my shots would either be a clean hit or clean miss.

Straight fletchings too. Ive never heard of overflight. I figure my 640ish gn arrows move slow enough I didnt need any more drag. Its funny you bring that up because as I was stalking I kept wondering if I was at a disadvantage because I didnt have fluflus. I tucked the worry away on the premise that a big fluffy arrow is just as likely to go errant on a twig or leave like a judo point spring arm.

I think I might setup a popup blind and a mojo. The Buggers blend in better with the leaf litter and scrub brush than do the deer.

It is interesting to see competition of species in that whitewing are bullies to the local native Scaled/Inca Dove. The Whitewings move in and chase off Incas. Whitewing move out and Inca return. FYI...Inca dove are unlawful to hunt/harvest.
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 09-03-2020, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Couldn't have hit the same "hole" anymore square than on day one.

Comment

Woohoo! Finally got a tag -- turkey.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Comment

Tough corn buzzards.

Comment

Forgot to cut out yesterday's tag, but hit the same one again today, so nothing.

Comment

Just below turkey tag. So, 1 tag this week, all shots sitting.

Really don't mind em too much. Those tags are small targets. All shots would have killed game, I believe.

Comment

I only shot three dove with seven shots from a shotgun so who am I to critique anyone.

Comment

Good shooting Yall!

Tagged a WT.

Dove shotgunned every direction yesterday just before the storm down poured but not today. Mainly sparse high flyers moving fast and nothing in the trees.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Hmm. Looks like four single-tag shooters. First two (Day 1) were Tx Reb and DRT. Gary called Reb's Muley a "coveted trad kill". Just thoughts.

Comment

^^^^^^Looks like DRT punched two tags.

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Couldn't have hit the same "hole" anymore square than on day one.

^^^^^^^^

Comment

On the road. If someone has a challenge in mind . . .

Comment

Didn't notice the second tag by Gary. Nice shooting, bud.

However, if he's offering the challenge, I nominate Reb as the earliest single-tagger.
                              *(plus, he's calling on Rick's TAF site, already)

Comment

I'll post a shoot in a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X