Shooting Tripod decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting Tripod decision

Not looking to shoot 800 yards off it or anything. Just looking for an alternative to spending 1K on a tripod.

Or

BOG DeathGrip Carbon Fiber Tripod with Durable, Lightweight, Stable Design, Bubble Level and Hands-Free Operation for Hunting, Shooting and Outdoors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KMPZTWG..._RHk0DbKB40DFJ

They are both around the same price, but Bog is made in the US, so I’m leaning that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t discount the Reaper Grip. I’ve got one and shot out to 500 off of it. It’s expensive though.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      Don’t discount the Reaper Grip. I’ve got one and shot out to 500 off of it. It’s expensive though.

Sierracharlie out…
      I'm all about the Kopfjager Reapergrip. Clifford at Thirdcoast Thermal gave me one on a tripod and I dont go anywhere without it.

My kids shoot off of it.

As far as a Tripod, I would give the Amazon one a try.

Have you looked on Craigslist for tripods? That's where I bought one of mine. Got a great deal on a serious tripod.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
        I'm all about the Kopfjager Reapergrip. Clifford at Thirdcoast Thermal gave me one on a tripod and I dont go anywhere without it.

My kids shoot off of it.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

That’s the ambush set up and it’s bad as hell! It’s on my Xmas list!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I have the aluminum BOG Deathgrip and I don't have any complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post

Sierracharlie out…

Yea, just not sure I wanna spend that much.

Comment

Any other I should be looking at? Sales or deals?

Comment

Shooting Tripod decision

I just got a death grip and have shot to 500 with it multiple times.
                The ball heads are better though, and if you have an arca mount that’s even better. The Bog won’t allow for those, but that’s partly why the price is better. I don’t regret getting it for the price and I sprung for the carbon fiber which I don’t think is necessary.

Comment

BOG deathgrip here.....used it for multiple hunts and it bounces around in the bed of my truck when not in use. It's been absolutely great and it has taken a beating. It's heavy to tote around but I do it anyway because it has helped keep me much more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                    Yea, just not sure I wanna spend that much.

I hear ya man. Best advice I can give is make sure your tripod is stout as an can be.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Used a death grip carbon this weekend and it was very nice.

Comment

It’s not as cheap as those you mentioned by any means, but I picked up a very slightly used Leofoto LN 364C and LH40 ball head off Snipers Hide for $400 shipped. This setup is extremely stout, and much better suited for LR applications. I run it next to a RRS TVC-34L tripod with Anvil 30 head, which is a $1400 setup and arguably the best on the market. The 364C is just as stout and makes for easy shoots at distance. I’d keep my eye on the Hide Exchange for a similar used deal. I’ve seen a few.

I think it more depends on what your intended usage is. Killing hogs at 200 and in with thermal or NV? Any of those mentioned above will be far more than adequate. If you’re wanting to shoot any distance I think you’ll be limiting yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

I think it more depends on what your intended usage is. Killing hogs at 200 and in with thermal or NV? Any of those mentioned above will be far more than adequate.

This is what I plan on using it for, mostly. Thanks

Comment

I use a Primos Trigger Stick. $100 or so. Works great for me. Light, easily adjustable, good for in a blind, and also great for spot and stalk hunting.

Comment

Working...
                            X