RIP Tom Benson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Tom Benson

Man this week we are loosing a lot of great ones. Tom Benson the Owner of the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans passed away today. He was 90.

RIP Mr. Benson ��

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1521149070019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	25142160

RIP Mr Benson

Sucks that in his last days he felt his family turned on him.

Comment

Good long run. RIP

Comment

Daggitt! RIP Mr. Benson!!!
        I just got off the phone with Mom & Dad and they did not mention this. Just announced??? Wow...........I can only imagine the huge fight that is about to occur over the family holdings!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          I just got off the phone with Mom & Dad and they did not mention this. Just announced??? Wow...........I can only imagine the huge fight that is about to occur over the family holdings!!!
          Yes Oscar just released about 3:30 pm this afternoon. Sad but knew it was coming since we was in the hospital for the past month and really no information released over that time about any improvements.

Comment

I.met him briefly at his ranch in Johnson City. He had Pat Greene there to play for his daughters birthday. He had a barn full of the most amazing pheasants on the planet.
            Never knew there were so many. He said hello and quickly spoke about a golden color pheasant. Seeing him on the sidelines at the games he appeared to be a great or fun man to work for.

RIP
            Last edited by flywise; 03-15-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
              Yes Oscar just released about 3:30 pm this afternoon. Sad but knew it was coming since we was in the hospital for the past month and really no information released over that time about any improvements.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf..._saints_2.html
              I know right.........it was very quiet on how he was doing.

Comment

Somewhere the evil snake Rita is slithering out of her crevice to try and reclaim what she thinks is hers.

Comment

Rip.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    Somewhere the evil snake Rita is slithering out of her crevice to try and reclaim what she thinks is hers.
                    Yep the press is already all over what will be an epic journey I am sure.

Comment

Rest In Peace.

Comment

RIP Mr. Benson

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        Yep the press is already all over what will be an epic journey I am sure.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...cans_ow_1.html
                        Man, that is so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          Is she the bad guy in this whole deal? I don't know anything about that situation, just heard it mentioned on the radio. It was made to sound like he cut off all the family for his wife.

Comment

that sucks but we knew the day was coming

in 1985, Tom Benson was 57 yrs old and bought the SAINTS for $70,000,000

today, the teams is worth right at $2,000,000,000

pretty sure after the family greed lawsuit and grand daughter Rita BS he had his will amended and left everything to wife Gayle

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                              Is she the bad guy in this whole deal? I don't know anything about that situation, just heard it mentioned on the radio. It was made to sound like he cut off all the family for his wife.
                              Yes. And, his wife is not much better. It will be a fiasco. I really wish he had sold everything before he passed.

Comment

Working...
                              X