No announcement yet.

RIP Auggie Garrido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of his baseball philosophy is very applicable to life in general. RIP.

Comment

Well ****. One of the greats.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP Coach.

Comment

No doubt a very sad day on the 40 acres, but also around the nation. He was one of the most interesting people I have ever met in my life. I will always remember standing around the tunnel during BP listening to him seamlessly interchange talking baseball and life.

RIP Coach
          Last edited by Heath; 03-15-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Oh, man. So sad. Heard he was hospitalized, but didn't see this coming.

Baseball Legend. Recognized what a hard game baseball is, and to win more than anyone speaks volumes. His "win every inning" philosophy will endure.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
              One of a select, fortunate few who probably enjoyed what he did for a living more than he would have enjoyed his years of retirement. One of my favorite baseball coaches of all time.
              This. Guys like him don't continue coaching because they have to, its their passion and life's work. He obviously had a great life doing what he loved. I hope I can work as long as he did and enjoy every minute of it as much as he did. Very passionate coach, sometimes his temperament appeared rough around the edges, but he cared about his players and his program. RIP coach.

Comment

Wow Rip He was a great baseball coach !

Comment

Wow what a loss for college baseball. RIP Mr. Auggie . Prayers for the family and friends. We lost a great one today. 🙏

Comment

RIP Coach 🙏

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1519497106819.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24534132

Comment

That is a sad deal. Enjoyed his wit and his blatant directness. He could be rough on his players but he was a brilliant tactician at times. He knew the game of baseball. He will be missed. He was a legend.

Comment

Hate to hear that, heckuva ball coach and never head nuthin’ butt good about him as a person

Comment

He was a great one. If you ever get the chance to watch Inning by Inning, it is a great film about Augie. here are some clips from there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdiXdoqGAh4

Comment

Inning by Inning is indeed great.

RIP to one of the very best coaches and baseball minds there was.

Comment

Rest In Peace Coach.

Comment

R.i.p.

Comment

Working...
                                X