• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my Kubota Kommander

Comment

I've owned a Hustler for over a year. Love it thus far

Comment

Another vote for Kubota, have a ZG227A with 54 inch deck. No problems ever.

Comment

Hustler raptor SD 54 for me. Had it roughly a year and has 25 hours on it and has been flawless.

Mine had a Kawasaki engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i got the bad boy 60in. mows 2 ac pretty darn fast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Might do a "Search" on this topic. Been several recent threads. You'll get a bunch of good options. Do your research, it's your money.

Comment

Kubota 60'' diesel here also love it !

Comment

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
                  Things to look for based on my adventures in Z-mower buying:

Kawasaki Engine
                  Welded deck not stamped
                  beverage holder

There were a couple of others things I can't remember.

I went with a Hustler

Thats really all you need to know, in that order. Although Ive found it somewhat difficult to drink beer on the zero turn. Yove either got to stop for a sip or take the risk of turning off course, either one will mess up lap times which is my main motivation.

Comment

The commercial mowers are quite a bit more expensive, but over their normal lifetime, they WILL be cheaper to own and operate... Most of the major brands are just fine... I mow about 3 1/2 acres with a John Deer ZR920M with a 52" deck. It is a mowing son of a gun too. I put LED lights front and side... that's pretty nice in July/August/September when it's blazing hot outside... I can mow at night when it's cooler...

When you're looking some things to look for beside what has already been posted above is a mowing deck that actually has grease fittings so you can grease 'em, same with the front wheels. The frame and front end needs to be cast not stamped out/bent flat metal bars... The anti-rollover device should be easily lowered (or removed if you're the only one that will be operating it). Generally, if you go to Lowe's/Home Depot and look at their ZTR Mowers, you'll see the cheapies, even in the name brands... If your budget will handle it, go get it from a mower shop or ranch/farm/tractor place... There's a world of difference in the Box Store specials and the commercial mowers.

Comment

I'm very happy with my Big Dog Stout MP with Kawi engine.

Comment

I have a Husqvarna that I'm not too crazy about. Everybody I know that has a Cub Cadet has problems with it.

Comment

Scagg 61"

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Thats really all you need to know, in that order. Although Ive found it somewhat difficult to drink beer on the zero turn. Yove either got to stop for a sip or take the risk of turning off course, either one will mess up lap times which is my main motivation.

That's the only drawback to a zero turn, but with some practice one hand operation can be achieved. My yard is big, so lots of straight aways. Turns still require two hands.

Comment

I was just looking at the Hustler Raptor today! Welded 60" deck and 26 hp Kohler. $4500. Didn't see a Kawasaki option.

Never heard of them til today. Nearly bought it but decided to research it first.

Comment

I have a husqvarna with a 60" deck. It is a mowing machine. I've had it for 3 yrs now. When it wears out I'm going with a John Deere commercial. My neighbors on each side of me have the same one. A world of difference between mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X