The price of used trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The price of used trucks

I have been in the market for a used truck, and I am shocked at the prices people are asking for them.
    The truck I drive now is an 04 Silverado 2500HD so I haven't been in the market for 15 years, but dang did I miss something?

I see 1/2 ton 4x4 trucks with 100,000+ miles for over $25,000 or more...

Diesels that are 7-10 years old with 150K plus for $28K still.....

I know the new trucks are ridiculously priced now, but I guess I hadn't realized the used truck price had matched the run up of new trucks....

Have you looked at the price of new ones?

Comment

That's what happens when a new truck is $70k-$90k.

Comment

It’s outrageous. Buddy of mine, not saying he’s the sharpest tool in the shed and I told him he got hosed, but just bought a 15 dodge mega cab diesel from a dealership with a few add ons from the prior owner and 55k miles, for 49k. Insane. Got a quote from my local dealership after seeing what he paid just for grins on my trade in value of my 12 Laramie Cummins with 57k miles, they offered me 39k trade in, I bought it two years old in 14 with 30k miles for 41k lol. The used truck market is nuts these days.

Comment

Originally posted by shunter14 View Post
          It’s outrageous. Buddy of mine, not saying he’s the sharpest tool in the shed and I told him he got hosed, but just bought a 15 dodge mega cab diesel from a dealership with a few add ons from the prior owner and 55k miles, for 49k. Insane. Got a quote from my local dealership after seeing what he paid just for grins on my trade in value of my 12 Laramie Cummins with 57k miles, they offered me 39k trade in, I bought it two years old in 14 with 30k miles for 41k lol. The used truck market is nuts these days.
          There is absolutely no way I could pay $49K for a 3 year old truck with 55K miles.

Comment

I know exactly what you are saying. I am looking for one for my son and the prices are crazy. I don't know if anyone is actually paying these stupid prices or the people are just asking stupid prices.

I sold my 04 Chevy 2500HD 4 door 4x4 with 245,000 miles on it last year or $5000 and I see people selling them for $15,000.

I laugh at some of the prices because 3 year old trucks are priced at new prices. Either the guy selling the truck is trying to rip someone off or he got ripped off when he bought it and is trying to get some back. I see it on this site every day.

Comment

There was a F250, King Ranch on here yesterday for 21 Gs. It had 215,000 on it. I thought it was an ok deal for a 2010. Looked brand new in the pics.

Comment

From what I hear the market has gone crazy because so many vehicles were lost in Harvey and people are trying to replace.

Comment

yes.. crazy... will just keep driving my 06 F150 CC and supporting my local mechanic.

Comment

Did you try truck world website ?
                    Here for your help F-150 (Ford) 55k miles for $37,981

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
                      From what I hear the market has gone crazy because so many vehicles were lost in Harvey and people are trying to replace.
                      The used market has been over priced for a few years now. Like from the time the gas prices were shooting through the roof, and diesel finally cost more than regular gas. I bought an 01 model singlecab f150 with 100k+ miles for 3k about 3.5 years ago. I was thinking I might want to replace it, but after checking around, I just think I will keep it until it quits moving forward.

Comment

I've been in the market for a used 3/4 ton to use as a farm/ranch truck and I've been thinking the same thing - the prices are sky-high.

Comment

This is what happens when people do not know how to buy vehicles. They fall in love with the first one they find and they have to have it. That drives up the price. Be patient and you can get it done at a reasonable price but do not fear walking away from any deal. Be ruthless in what you offer them. I often see used trucks on here that are priced higher than I paid for new trucks with the same features....what is even funnier is all of the people posting telling them what a great price it is and how quick it will sell.....

-john

Comment

My biggest issue is... how do you Absolutely Positively Verify it aint been in Water up to the steering wheeel....Is ther any Reputable company that Gurantees such...

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                              My biggest issue is... how do you Absolutely Positively Verify it aint been in Water up to the steering wheeel....Is ther any Reputable company that Gurantees such...
                              That is simple. Just don't buy ANY vehicle that has been registered in any county south of Travis in the last 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X