No announcement yet.

Most Prized Possession!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! I've got my great grandpas model 1897. Wish it was in good enough shape to shoot.

Comment

Very cool! My grandfather gave me his old Springfield .22 bolt rifle he had as a kid(it was vacuum packed in grease from when he went into the military at age 17) about 15 years ago...he passed last month at 96 years of age and left me several more of his rifles and shotguns that he'd had for years

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

very cool.

Comment

Awesome. I understand your emotion as I have my grandfathers shotgun which is a twin to yours but in 12ga

Comment

Very nice gun and congrats on it bein handed down to u. Take it out and knock down some game with it and don't let it sit it the closet. If your grandpa was anything like mine he would say use it and not let it got ruin. Hope you have many good huntin trips with a priceless heirloom and make many more memoris with it

Comment

I have my grand dads Black Prince 16 ga single shot break over

Comment

Cherish it. I know it's just an old Mod. 12, but am sure it's priceless to you. My story is I grew up learning to shoot my dad's Win. Model 62A 22 pump rifle. I knew one day that it would be mine. It was a wedding gift from my Mom to my Dad. I had no brothers, just sisters. When he passed away after a month or so, I went to the house to get the rifle.......it was gone. One of my sisters had take it for my nephew. What can you do. Get'er done before the passing. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it hasn't been turned into beer money.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                  Sweet! I've got my great grandpas model 1897. Wish it was in good enough shape to shoot.
                  Probably worth a trip to a gunsmith to see what it would take to get it back in some type of decent shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Probably worth a trip to a gunsmith to see what it would take to get it back in some type of decent shape.
                    I know mine is in working condition, because my dad would use it to shoot critters getting into his garden & flowers. But I don't think it has been thoroughly cleaned in 50-60 years. I broke it down the other night and never could get all the old powder & carbon out. I was thinking on taking to a gunsmith and having them do a really good cleaning job

Comment

Model 1897 12 gauge with the slam fire option? We have one in my family as well.

Comment

Beautiful. My brothers and I each have a model 12 from grandpa. All 20ga. I also have 12s in 28 and 16. Those never get shot though.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          I've had it looked at. Gunsmith said maybe with some really light shells, but as bad as it looks I don't want to risk it. It's a great keepsake for the time being.

Comment

I know the feeling. I have some fancy guns in my safe, but the guns most valuable to me are only worth $100-200.

Comment

[QUOTE=ontarget;13474042]I have my Grandpa's 16 gauge, I know exactly what you mean.[/QUOTE

Same here

Comment

I've got my Pawpaws 20 gauge. It's my favorite gun

Comment

Working...
                                X