No announcement yet.

Tell me about Mission bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the age 14 you probably only need 3" of draw length adjustment.
    You will loose speed when you buy a bow with such a wide range of adjustment.most bows like this have an ibo of 280-310
    He needs a 50- 60 # bow 26"- 30" draw 6.5" or greater brace height for hunting. Many bows out there with 330+ ibo that fall in category.

Comment

I have a mission venter 26.5 50 to 60
      really good bow .

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
        You will loose speed when you buy a bow with such a wide range of adjustment.most bows like this have an ibo of 280-310
        He needs a 50- 60 # bow 26"- 30" draw 6.5" or greater brace height for hunting. Many bows out there with 330+ ibo that fall in category.
        Don't agree you need a 50-60 # bow at 26-30" to hunt with. My son shot several deer and hogs when his bow was at 24" and 40 ish#

It is set at 26" now and is 53#, gets pass throughs on critters easily.

Comment

Missions are the "starter" brand of Mathews. I shoot a Mission Ballistic. It uses a very similar cam system as a Mathews Chill, but has some things like polymer limb pockets for instance that make it cheaper. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on my first bow but didn't want a box store special. It's been a great bow.

Comment

I wish I had never sold the Eliminator that I had. I think I came down with a bad case of new bow fever.

Comment

They're great bows. I shoot the missions blaze and love it and my dad shoots the missions riot his has the large range of adjustment

Comment

My first bow was a Mission Ballistic back in 2013 when I was first getting into bow hunting while in college and operating on a college budget (I may have used some of my refund to help fund this bow haha!). I now have a grown up job and can afford the more expensive bows, however the Ballistic is the bow I currently still use. Does everything all the expensive bows do, except it doesn't come with the big price tag. It's fast, accurate, reliable, and kills them dead! I figured if it isn't broke, why fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                  I think this isn't far off. A mission ballistic is a 330 IBO bow and will adjust from 50-70 pounds. It also has draw length mods for an easy draw length adjustment. I had a Riot an now have a ballistic, and the ballistic is quite a bit more bow for not a whole lot more money, and will have plenty of adjustment for a 14 year old. I think enough of the ballistic that even though I can afford a high end bow, I don't think they are worth the price difference for what I do and am keeping my mission for at least a couple more years

Comment

I have a Mission Ballistic that I bought in 2013 when I started bow hunting. I have gone in and shot most of the high end bows and just don't see a big enough difference to drop the money on a premium bow. The Ballistic can be adjusted from 26"-30" and 50-70 lbs. As mentioned above, Mission has other bows that offer more adjustability.

I am hard on gear and have had zero issues and killed something like 5 deer and 40 pigs with it from 2015 through now.

Comment

Mission Journey since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by R.W.T View Post
                        Mission venture here since 2012, great bow.
                        Was about to buy that bow when I got an incredible deal on my Quest.

Comment

Working...
                        X