Impala Bow hunt in South Africa with Limcroma Safaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impala Bow hunt in South Africa with Limcroma Safaris

Bowhunting Africa for me was a long over due trip. I had been trying to get over there for years. Luckily my buddy Tony convinced me to go on this trip with him and his boys. The folks at Limcroma Safaris are a Five Star Operation from the meals, accommodations to the bowhunting. All together we took a total of 24 animals in 7 days

On my impala hunt I was hunting out of a large pit blinds at a small water hole. The impala comes to the water from left side of the blind from 300 yards. Instead of approaching from the left, he skirts the water hole and comes in on the right side of the water hole. I hit him low but the impala is hit well enough that he goes 15 yards and dies in less than 10 minutes. I was very fortunate that the impala did not go anywhere since I did not have an unobstructed follow up shot from my shooting window. The reeds on the video are pretty thick from my shooting lane. It wasn't until I reviewed the video that I realized I should have been ready for a follow up shot on the window that my PH "Otto" was filming from. By the way if anyone goes to Limcroma Safaris and get assigned Otto as your PH, consider your self lucky. He has vast knowledge of the anatomy, bow hunts and has some mad skills with the camera.

Very cool video! I'm leaving in an hour for the airport, South Africa here I come!! What a great video to wake up to the morning your leaving!!

Comment

Originally posted by fizzle View Post
      Very cool video! I'm leaving in an hour for the airport, South Africa here I come!! What a great video to wake up to the morning your leaving!!
      Thanks and good luck! Have fun and take lots of pics and vids. I just posted my zebra video in case you have time before you board.

Comment

Another great job Joel, congratulations!

Comment

Great hunt! Congrats

Comment

Thanks for sharing all the videos!

Comment

Nice. That is the exact blind that I shot my impala from. He was standing within 10 feet of where yours was.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                Nice. That is the exact blind that I shot my impala from. He was standing within 10 feet of where yours was.

If you noticed he approaches from the left from 300 yards away and skirts around the waterhole and comes around the right side of the blind. I had ranged the right side at 21 yards but he settled in at 28/29 yards. I forgot to take that into consideration. I Got Lucky!

Comment

Another trophy down. What kind of snake was seen?

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                    Another trophy down. What kind of snake was seen?

I asked them if it was poisonous but he wasn't sure?

Comment

Nice

Comment

Congrats Joel! Awesome video.

Comment

cool video

Comment

Working...
                          X