Keto or low carb recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keto or low carb recipes?

Sure it may have been asked before, but always looking for something new.

Momma and I started our KETO transformation a couple of weeks ago, already seeing some results. My wife has a 500 recipe Keto cook book...some are very good and some are just filling.

What say ye' cookers....got any to share?

Kuma

Don I have the opposite problem. Dr. put me on a seafood diet. Tells me if I see food I should eat it. Eating quiche slathered in Tabasco sauce for dinner...........

Comment

I use ground turkey, Rao's spaghetti sauce and spiraled cut zucchini to replace the pasta. The sauce is has 20 carbs and 15 sugars for the whole jar. I am not on Keto really but eat many of the same foods that is Keto friendly

Comment

Hey Don, My sea scallops recipe i posted up the other day is keto. Another one would be my recipe for ribeye roll ups.

Comment

I use spiralized zucchini and squash, and chopped cabbage and onions as a replacement for things like noodles and rice. I just cook em in a wok on very high heat until they they’re cooked but still retain some crispness. They’re even good for breakfast with a few runny eggs on top.

If you want baked goods, here’s an awesome recipe for biscuits: http://www.uplateanyway.com/keto/almond-flour-biscuits/

Oh, and if you’re going to start keeping almond and coconut flour on hand, keep it in the freezer. It can go rancid much faster than regular flour if left out.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
            I use spiralized zucchini and squash, and chopped cabbage and onions as a replacement for things like noodles and rice. I just cook em in a wok on very high heat until they they’re cooked but still retain some crispness. They’re even good for breakfast with a few runny eggs on top.

If you want baked goods, here’s an awesome recipe for biscuits: http://www.uplateanyway.com/keto/almond-flour-biscuits/

Oh, and if you’re going to start keeping almond and coconut flour on hand, keep it in the freezer. It can go rancid much faster than regular flour if left out.
            Thanks and Hi Johnny (another response)

I just copied and sent this to my Chef, My lovely wife, as we have been looking for any type of "bread related recipe's."

I've already lost 8 lbs after only 2 weeks on the Keto and Susan has lost close to 10. Very important to us to lose the pounds....eating more healthy at 65 for me and goal is to GET OFF my insulin and other meds.

Thanks....

Comment

A couple that are staples around my house are:

Bacon and Brussel Sprouts
              Fry about 6 slices of bacon.
              Remove from bacon from pan and add about a pound of quartered brussel sprouts to the bacon grease. Cover pan with lid.
              Chop up bacon and add back to pan when brussel sprouts are done.
              Add a little garlic powder.
              Goes great with a steak.

Cabbage and Sausage
              Chop up a head of cabbage and place in a pot with a stick of butter.
              Slice up about a pound of link sausage into coin size pieces and add to pot.
              Salt and pepper to taste.
              Cover pot with lid and cook on Med heat until cabbage is done.

Coddled Eggs
              Take a deep skillet with a lid and add about a half inch of water to the pan. Set skillet with lid on the stove on med low heat to start a low simmer.
              Take two or three 9 oz. ramekins and butter the inside.
              Add a couple Tbsps. of cream and a sprinkle of black pepper to the bottom of each ramekin.
              Add two eggs to each ramekin.
              Add a large pinch of cheddar cheese on top of the eggs.
              Place ramekins into the skillet with the water bath and cooked covered for around 6 minutes.
              Remove from water and salt to taste.
              They are like soft poached eggs but the cream and cheese will make a sauce that is delicious.

Guacamole
              Mash a large avocado with garlic salt and salsa to taste.
              Serve with pork rinds.

Other things that are easy to look up online:
              Frittata- basically a quiche without a pie crust.
              Creamed spinach
              Baked Asparagus
              Taco salad without the taco shell or chips

Comment

Check out these ladies web site. https://simplysohealthy.com/ They have some really good stuff on there. Their pizza crust recipe is one of the best.

Comment

My favorite quick recipe is;

Take a coffee cup, put 1 to 3 TBS of peanut butter or almond butter. Depending on how much carbs your willing to use. I buy the grind your own almond butter, very low in carbs. One egg, 1/2 tsp baking powder, artificial sweetener (optional) and fresh shaved coconut (optional). Mix all together and microwave for one min. Makes a quick muffin. You can also use coconut flour instead of peanut butter. You can also add cinnamon or what ever you want.

Comment

Here is a good site too

Comment

Thanks....forwarded to my chef/wife!

Comment

Momma's trying a new one to substitute for mashed potatoes...KETO friendly with 2 carbs per serving. It's CAULIFLOWER so we will see. Oh, going with a thick sirloin on the grill for dinner tonight. Also, she has lost 14 pounds, I'm 11 pounds and best of all my A1c has DRAMATICALLY changed...type 2 diabetic. I've already had to reduce my morning insulin dose by 10 units and still hoping for more.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                          Momma's trying a new one to substitute for mashed potatoes...KETO friendly with 2 carbs per serving. It's CAULIFLOWER so we will see. Oh, going with a thick sirloin on the grill for dinner tonight. Also, she has lost 14 pounds, I'm 11 pounds and best of all my A1c has DRAMATICALLY changed...type 2 diabetic. I've already had to reduce my morning insulin dose by 10 units and still hoping for more.
                          Awesome results!! Keep up the Keto and keep us posted... Pic of one of my favorite meals... Grilled meat, avocado, tomatoes and pico...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                            The wife makes these cauliflower “mashed tators” all the time. Cuts up the the little florets....microwaves them covered with a little bit of water which steams them. Then pulverized them () in a food processor, doctors with butter and little heavy whipping cream, salt and pepper. I swear it sounds weird....but the consistency and taste is darn close to tators. I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                              The wife makes these cauliflower “mashed tators” all the time. Cuts up the the little florets....microwaves them covered with a little bit of water which steams them. Then pulverized them () in a food processor, doctors with butter and little heavy whipping cream, salt and pepper. I swear it sounds weird....but the consistency and taste is darn close to tators. I love it!
                              Same recipe Susan made last night and it was GREAT!!

Comment

Working...
                              X