Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    Headed west this weekend to do something for the last time for hopefully a long long time!
    ....... Pumped for velvet season already! I think I'm going to jump on the cottonseed bandwagon this season too. We have always fed protein on and off, but may swap it up with a little cottonseed.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Man they must have been desperate!

Those poor guys.......

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Those poor guys.......
        Probable cause to send those two for psychological evals.

Comment

Rained a little this morning based on the deers back and muddy feet. Looks like a dust settler but I’ll take it.

You secretly did a little dance didn’t you? Looks like you got some shed dropping at your place too. Does this seem earlier than usual to y’all?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            Man they must have been desperate!
            Well I think they felt sorry for me, I have a knack for wearing people down eventually

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
              ....... Pumped for velvet season already! I think I'm going to jump on the cottonseed bandwagon this season too. We have always fed protein on and off, but may swap it up with a little cottonseed.
              If I get thru there with an empty truck bed I may get a load. I love feeding cottonseed.

Comment

Originally posted by CMS View Post
                You secretly did a little dance didn’t you? Looks like you got some shed dropping at your place too. Does this seem earlier than usual to y’all?
                Not at all being February... We have them drop in late January all the time.

we had a few in mid January as well but thats not out of the ordinary.

I did a few Running-mans and a Macarena last night..

Comment

Not at all being February... We have them drop in late January all the time.

we had a few in mid January as well but thats not out of the ordinary.

I did a few Running-mans and a Macarena last night..
                  Haha , whatever you did, it worked! I had 2 deer drop before season was over, one of which being an 8 we shot thg dropped them when he was crashing. That's the earliest I ever remembering seeing one drop at our place.

Comment

i am hunting in water valley off or 2034 i think its right by the gas station in water valley we are seeing tons of deer and some good up and coming bucks put out 4000 pounds of protein 2 weeks ago the guy in sterling city suggested peas for protein anyone else try these

Comment

Originally posted by fordsuper08 View Post
                      i am hunting in water valley off or 2034 i think its right by the gas station in water valley we are seeing tons of deer and some good up and coming bucks put out 4000 pounds of protein 2 weeks ago the guy in sterling city suggested peas for protein anyone else try these
                      Like planting peas? Or feeding them?

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Originally posted by fordsuper08 View Post

Were hunting a few miles down 87 from you. Talked to the guy at sterling and they mentioned black eyed peas as well. Interested in using them as well, seemed pretty cheap 200 a ton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We dumped 4 1/2 tons of 17% last weekend. First time to use the feed trailer. That's the only way to do it. Beats opening up over 160 bags in a day [emoji106]

Comment

I tried peas north of Angelo about 2011-2012, mixed with corn. Don't think deer ever ate them all season. They'd eat the corn and leave the peas on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              Let's just say been looking forward to it for a long time, hated the circumstances but hoping to fill some big shoes with some great people!

Moving to Irion to join Brandon and Jeremy! Really looking forward to the upcoming season. I've been lucky to hunt with some great guys the last 4-5 seasons but this lease opportunity is the type of place I've been looking for. Great property, great setup and two good friends.
                              Thanks Jack. I wish it would have been under different circumstances but looking forward to it as well. We are going to have fun and glad to have you around.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                                We dumped 4 1/2 tons of 17% last weekend. First time to use the feed trailer. That's the only way to do it. Beats opening up over 160 bags in a day [emoji106]

Nice. A feed wagon is my plan for protein this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X