Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't know how to feel [emoji53] pretty disgusted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know how to feel [emoji53] pretty disgusted.

Well I don't post often on here. This past year I shot my first buck/ biggest buck of my life. It was great how the deer came in, the shot I made, the story leading to it and after the,whole 9 yards. Well I got the deer and was pumped unaware what taxidermist I was going to use.

Months before I had a video go viral on Facebook of me shooting a coyote and anyways people started writing me so on and so forth. A man out of Athens texas wrote me, congratulating me on my kill and got to talking and he was a taxidermist. Told him it was just a coyote and if I get a deer I'll get back with him. He has a taxidermist shop in Athens he runs. He sent me pictures of the work he has done looked like great work. I don't have a taxidermist because I don't kill deer all time Worth shoulder mounting. So to my self I'm thinking I'll help this ol boy out with some money and I'll get my deer done great!

Long story short to keep this from going I paid him in full( as I have in the past with other taxi), told me it would be 5 months. At 5 months I called and he stated he been going through a divorcée and at the time he is trying to get back on schedule. Here it's is month 8. I can't get a hold of him. I've tried texting, calling, facebooking him. But yet no response. I called the game warden not much they can do due to it being " civil".

Not only is it my out on my deer there is a bout 25 to 30 others boat. There not getting there deer or a response. So I'm sad to say I will never know if I will see my deer again. So with that said. If you come across anybody selling horns getting rid of deer or anything this is what my deer looks like. I'm pretty disgusted. The taxidermist name is joe atnip. He owns lone star taxidermist! NEVER EVER EVER USE THIS PIECE OF
    SHI+. Sorry for the language. Thanks for the read. If there is anything else I can do comments will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get people in that area to give him a look or visit, Bet he has all the stuff and has not done anything with it. Hope you get your horns back and maybe your money. You can always get another cape and get it mounted. I too hate people like that.

Comment

Last 4 of his phone number 2501?

Comment

Send me any information via PM and I will see if I can track him down. I'm sure Burnadell can make something happen as well.
        Last edited by Antlers86; 07-17-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

That stinks man, sorry to hear about the troubles you are going through.

And since we are on the subject, can anyone think of a profession that has individuals go under more often than taxidermy? And when they do, does any profession steal from their clients more than taxidermists? Its unreal when you think about it.......and its horrible that everybody has to be leery of taxidermists; the good ones shouldn't have to deal with the skepticism due to the bad apples.

Comment

Last edited by Antlers86; 07-17-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Antlers86; 07-17-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me with a few ducks from my first season. The taxi screwed over a lot of people.

Redemption: Some lady hauled him onto Judge Judy. He was supposed to mount her late Pomeranian, complete with movable legs so she could position it behind her on her motorcycle. I mean seriously you cannot make this stuff up. Almost worth the lost ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                  If it's who I think it is it's going to be tough.
                  Those dates where last year. So probably not him unless he open shop somewhere else

Comment

Don't know him but I found his info on facebook.
                    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Good luck

Comment

Hope you get your antlers back

Comment

Small claims

Comment

Edited post above. I will see what I can do. Will message him as if I'm a new customer to see if he will even respond.

Comment

Why not go see him?

Comment

Don't know if it helps but I have 1 mutual friend on Facebook with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X