No announcement yet.

400,000 miles and still going strong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's awesome! I have 220,000 on my F150 and I'm planning on seeing that 400k range simply because I can't afford another one!!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      Nope. A blinking CEL means imminent destruction if you keep driving and don't do something about the problem.
      The dummy light is just that. My brother in law had a lifter issue and wrecked a lobe on the camshaft and the light never came on. It's normally a sensor, if it's bad enough to matter, you'll know someting is wrong without the light. At the end of the day, they don't do much.

Comment

That's awesome! And yes, she still looks great!

Comment

The Check Engine Light only tells you one thing (for sure), your battery isn't dead .

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Nope. A blinking CEL means imminent destruction if you keep driving and don't do something about the problem.

Well then I guess it told me something was wrong and I got it fixed.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            The dummy light is just that. My brother in law had a lifter issue and wrecked a lobe on the camshaft and the light never came on. It's normally a sensor, if it's bad enough to matter, you'll know someting is wrong without the light. At the end of the day, they don't do much.

Lol

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
            The Check Engine Light only tells you one thing (for sure), your battery isn't dead .

True that. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good looking truck

i like that it it doesn't have a bunch of aftermarket junk on it

Comment

Ray,

I was supposed to get a new 1/2 ton when I hit the road...due to O&G being in the toilet, I got a hand me down.

I got the '11 6.0 back in Feb with 180k on it...changed the oil today & noted on the expense it now has 242k. Nothing but regular maintenance & tires. Ordered two new tires for the back today.

Have to say the engine isn't anything special but it sure is solid.

Comment

I have a F150 2001 I bought new that has about 315k on it. Retired it to the lease about 5 yrs ago. Besides some rat damage to wires it still runs great. No oil leaks and never done anything more than maintenance to it. Have had many different people drive it since 2005 for work so maintenance probably wasn't what it should be but it still carries on.

Comment

I got 300,000 on both of my 2500 6.0s. A 99 and 03. I still have the 08 1500 with over 310,000 as my ranch truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus is Coming View Post
                      Chebby. Great motor. What kind of oil do you use and how often do you change it?
                      My question exactly...
                      Have you stayed with synthetic oil? Synthetic earl offers no varnish, gum or wax like dinosaur earl does. That helps with the valves and lifters not getting all caked up with crud like you have seen in so many motors.
                      My cousin has over 400k on his 06 Hemi mega cab Ram and does 10k oil changes with Mobil 1. Swears by it.
                      Hope she makes a million miles for ya

Comment

Very cool to see a gasser with those miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
                          Yes sir. Ive done some minor work to it.

All injectors were replaced within 50k under warranty.
                          (1) Fuel pump replaced at 80k under warranty.
                          (1) AC blower
                          (1) alternator
                          (1) set of brakes
                          (2) sets of plugs
                          (2) sets of wires
                          (1) injector wire harness due to rats.
                          (1) shifting cable linkage

The biggest....
                          (1) transmission at 230k. I blame myself. Up to that point I had never changed the tranny fluid considering all the towing and hauling I was doing.

Overall not bad.

Injectors on a gas engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                            Injectors on a gas engine?

They stopped making carburetors standard equipment awhile back.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                              They stopped making carburetors standard equipment awhile back.
                              Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                                My question exactly...

Have you stayed with synthetic oil? Synthetic earl offers no varnish, gum or wax like dinosaur earl does. That helps with the valves and lifters not getting all caked up with crud like you have seen in so many motors.

My cousin has over 400k on his 06 Hemi mega cab Ram and does 10k oil changes with Mobil 1. Swears by it.

Hope she makes a million miles for ya

See post #28

Comment

Working...
                                X