No announcement yet.

Carrying a handgun on school property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See if your father in law has any objections to running with a 9 iron. You put a good swing on that aggressive pooch and he probably won't chase joggers anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
      My father in law has been running at the park in the city we live in. He had a dog try to attack him earlier this week. He doesn't have a chl but been wanting to get it. The park is part of the lions club, and I think the land might be owned by the school district. On the corner of the property is the schools admen building and they have the alternate education building there too. They have the typical gun free school zone sign. I do know the school district mowes the grass at the park. The park is back behind the admin and aep buildings. If he had his chl could he carry at the park?
      I was reading this & thought, dang that sound like the set up in my small town & indeed it is! You know we have a pretty vigilante city crew that catches dogs & they will euthanize them after 4 days. I would call the city hall about the dog who is attacking people. Sure doesn't need to happen to a child. As for the gun question, just stop in to the police department & ask them in person.

I could be wrong but knowing the set up, I think the park is fine to carry in.

But I will agree with the above posters about pepper spray. Its probably the best option for your dad if he doesn't want any trouble with the dog owners. Like many, suddenly they become the worlds most concerned owners once their dog is killed or picked up by the city. Lot less hassle to spray with pepper spray & keep on running.
      Last edited by perfectstorm; 01-11-2016, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Wasp spray works as well

Comment

Working...
        X