No more vehicle inspections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
    I don't think any amount of legislation will keep it all off the road, but I guess if it keeps a few off it could be worth it.
    There's clunkers running around here, but nothing like what I have seen in other states.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      I'm fairly certain diesel trucks don't have emissions testing
      Right, so if not, and then no more safety inspections, I guess that would mean no more inspections at all for my truck then, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
        Yes I'm saying Texas is right, California is right, Florida is right and every other state that passes laws that follow the guidelines of our constitution, or does away with laws that do not follow the guidelines of our constitution is doing right by me but that is just my own opinion. We are all entitled to it own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Got it. If Texas changes this law, then they are going from right to right in your eyes...you play a good game & cannot lose a debate this way. Nice angle.

Comment

Has anybody seen or heard any updates on this?

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
            Has anybody seen or heard any updates on this?

DJ
            The House got it from the Senate a little over a week ago (where it passed) and it is sitting in the House committee. They have had a meeting on it but have not brought it up for a vote. In the meeting they agreed (but without a vote) to it without amendments. That means.... nothing at this point. The session has about 9-10 more days for action on any bills or they die. I believe this one still has time but at the end of the session, there is always a lot of bills being pushed. Which ones get the backing to move forward? Time will tell.

The main point is that it is moving forward and has not yet hit a roadblock but time is growing short.............

Comment

Great,thanks tvc.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                Amen. My SIL has been hit (small fender benders) by 2 people this year already with no insurance. Guess who picked up that bill?
                Or whoever hits someone else should had the guts to get out and say, Dang bro (or mam) sorry bout that one. How much is this gonna cost me???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                About 5 years ago an illegal alien driving a borrowed vehicle tried to cross three lanes of traffic at the last second to take the exit ramp on I-35 going about 80mph, lost control and took out about 100' of the 8' R-Panel fence around my yard. The car was a junker so it was totaled. It happened during working hours so I was right there. Police were called. Guy couldn't speak english, had no drivers license or liability insurance. The police officer was hispanic and they talked in spanish for a couple of minutes. The guy got on his phone and about 10 minutes later a car drives up, he gets in it and they drive off. I asked the officer "what about my fence?" His answer was "you have insurance, don't you?"

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                  About 5 years ago an illegal alien driving a borrowed vehicle tried to cross three lanes of traffic at the last second to take the exit ramp on I-35 going about 80mph, lost control and took out about 100' of the 8' R-Panel fence around my yard. The car was a junker so it was totaled. It happened during working hours so I was right there. Police were called. Guy couldn't speak english, had no drivers license or liability insurance. The police officer was hispanic and they talked in spanish for a couple of minutes. The guy got on his phone and about 10 minutes later a car drives up, he gets in it and they drive off. I asked the officer "what about my fence?" His answer was "you have insurance, don't you?"
                  Happens at one of my FIL's properties all the time.......they never speakie the English when it happens

Comment

Without inspections we are going to see a lot more Fords and Dodges on the road. Won't be able to get anywhere for these broken down things causing traffic jams.

Comment

Late Friday this bill passed the House committee. It was then sent to the Calendars committee. That committee puts it on the...... calendar.

The Calendars committee has no voting issue but decides when and if something is brought up in front if the House for discussion and possible vote. They still have a couple of days left to bring it up.

This bill has moved at a fairly rapid pace compared to most others. It did not clear the Senate committe until late April. Even at that late date, in a little over three weeks has been voted on and cleared the Senate committee, brought in front of entire Senate, referred to a House committee, cleared that step and now has the final step of being voted on by the full House. There are a lot of bills that take 4 months to get to that stage.

It is always frantic at the end of the session (sine die) that comes up next Monday. I think tomorrow (Tuesday) is the last day to have the required second reading of the bill before the House. I believe that means the House has about 45 hours to bring this up again.

So... again, it is moving forward rapidly. It apparently has a lot of interest to move so quickly but the end of the session is coming up. Tick tock tick...........

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        Late Friday this bill passed the House committee. It was then sent to the Calendars committee. That committee puts it on the...... calendar.

The Calendars committee has no voting issue but decides when and if something is brought up in front if the House for discussion and possible vote. They still have a couple of days left to bring it up.

This bill has moved at a fairly rapid pace compared to most others. It did not clear the Senate committe until late April. Even at that late date, in a little over three weeks has been voted on and cleared the Senate committee, brought in front of entire Senate, referred to a House committee, cleared that step and now has the final step of being voted on by the full House. There are a lot of bills that take 4 months to get to that stage.

It is always frantic at the end of the session (sine die) that comes up next Monday. I think tomorrow (Tuesday) is the last day to have the required second reading of the bill before the House. I believe that means the House has about 45 hours to bring this up again.

So... again, it is moving forward rapidly. It apparently has a lot of interest to move so quickly but the end of the session is coming up. Tick tock tick...........
                        Im sure there is frantic phone callling and lobbying going on.

Comment

Inspection on my 2012 Harley runs out next week. I was going to get it inspected today but maybe I should wait a few days?

Comment

Don't worry about the inspection till you gotta register it. They will let ya know if it needs it...

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              If they do this the state should take a better look at uninsured drivers and quadruple the fines.
                              I think they'll be asking illegals for money they don't have, but that is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

I've searched Google to no avail. Does anyone know if this passed?

Comment

Working...
                                X