Fleas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleas

I have been fighting a battle with fleas on my two beagles. What should I spray the yard with.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We've had to fight them again this year too. There's a pill we get from the vet that will have them off the dog in less than 24hrs and lasts 3 minths, Bravecto. Then it's fog the house and pre pare to treat and possibly fog again. Boric acid works. Put it everywhere. It dries up the eggs. You can kill the fleas and eggs but once they are in the stage of basically in their cocoon there's nothing you can really do, so you have to treat again once that group hatches into fleas.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
      We've had to fight them again this year too. There's a pill we get from the vet that will have them off the dog in less than 24hrs and lasts 3 minths, Bravecto. Then it's fog the house and pre pare to treat and possibly fog again. Boric acid works. Put it everywhere. It dries up the eggs. You can kill the fleas and eggs but once they are in the stage of basically in their cocoon there's nothing you can really do, so you have to treat again once that group hatches into fleas.
      my dogs don't come in the house, looking for something to spray yard with.

Comment

Wasting your money trying to spray the yard. Buy some type of ingestible flea medication over the counter from a veterinarian.

Comment

Beneficial nematodes. Buy them online. Spray the yard and they will kill the fleas, their larvae and the pupae.

Comment

I spray my yard every 2 years with Regent insecticide. No ants or fleas in your yard for 2 years at a rate of 10oz per acre. Same active ingredient as the stuff the vet pours on your dogs back for fleas but at a higher concentration. The only problem is it costs 600.00 a gallon but at only 10oz per acre every 2 years it would last you a good while.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
              I have been fighting a battle with fleas on my two beagles. What should I spray the yard with.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
              Do you have squirrels? If so that's the root of your problem, shoot everyone you can. Then you can worry about treating your yard.

Comment

Nexguard, kills for 3 months, but you will drop a $50 bill per pill, but it works.

God Bless
                Bish

Comment

Originally posted by cnc_xt View Post
                  Wasting your money trying to spray the yard. Buy some type of ingestible flea medication over the counter from a veterinarian.
                  I’d listen to this man on this one

Comment

the only thing I have found that worked well in my yard was diatamacious earth. Last time I had a flea issue, I bought the big bags of the feed type at Tractor Supply and spread throughout the yard. It did get rid of them. Of course, I dipped the dogs also so maybe a combination of the two worked.
                    Tractor supply has the 40lb bags on sale right now for 17.99

do a check on the medication you give your dog. We had been giving one of our dogs something that was working very good(sorry, don't remember the brand). Did some research and found out there was a ton of side effects. Many owners were reporting horrible side effects their dogs were suffering from.
                    Last edited by acearrow; 06-11-2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Our Australian Shepherd was tearing herself up trying to get the fleas off herself. Took her to the vet and he gave her a steroid for the itching and Bravecto to kill the fleas for three months. I have also sprayed the backyard with Cutter and it seems to kill fleas, mosquitoes, ticks, etc. It seemed like overnight they were gone after the medicine. Our dog is also an indoor dog, and since we have a baby I didn’t want to use chemicals in the house. So I bought Vet’s Best Choice home spray and sprayed everywhere including dog beds.

Comment

Martin's

Comment

Several steps followed will speed-up the correction.

*Sentinel (or much better others) for the dogs. Treat other animals too. Do you have cats?
                          *Yes, treat the yard. Every effort counts. Cutter is good til next heavy rainfall. Knocks the mosquitos, ants, and others down to nothing as well.
                          *Vacuum up a powder pesticide into the vacuum bag. That way any that are captured will die. If they are all over your yard, I'll bet there are some in your floors. You're the host that can carry them from your yard to the house.

Comment

Go to Vet and get the pill. Screw spraying the yard

Comment

I give my dogs Trifexis it takes care of heartworms, fleas and ticks.

Comment

Working...
                              X