Law enforcement / traffic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Law enforcement / traffic question

Why is there no enforcement of headlight laws?

Used to be your lights could only be so bright and that was even part of the inspection process. Did that change? I just drop mine off and either wait in the lobby or come back and get it later these days

Pretty sure I could run my brights full time and not be equal to several of the vehicles I meet and that are behind me every morning

Or maybe I am getting old and the lights affect my eyes differently?

Maybe I need to wear my sunglasses at night?

I've always wondered the same. Kept thinking that maybe it's just my eyes.

Comment

a lot of aftermarket lights are really bright and I bet 90% of people that install lift kits make no headlight adjustment

Comment

it also seems more and more folks will not switch to low beams when you hit them back with the high beams... they just leave the high beams on as if they are the only one on the road.

Comment

Just last night on a 2 lane road I flashed my headlights at a guy coming the other way. He flashed back - turns out it was his low beams that were blinding me. It was a lifted truck

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            a lot of aftermarket lights are really bright and I bet 90% of people that install lift kits make no headlight adjustment
            I was told on my last f150 headlights couldn’t be adjusted. Even tried to look it up and couldn’t find anything. Felt sorry for my fellow man every time they dashed back at me. Driving a Chevy now still not a ford hater though

Comment

I have a totally stock new model Gmc Sierra and get flashed all the time with my brights not on. If there is any weight in the back I really get flashed. I’ll sometimes flash people back just to show them how glad they are my brights arnt actually on.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Just last night on a 2 lane road I flashed my headlights at a guy coming the other way. He flashed back - turns out it was his low beams that were blinding me. It was a lifted truck
                Yep lifted/leveled trucks and truck with trailers are real bad

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  Why is there no enforcement of headlight laws?

Used to be your lights could only be so bright and that was even part of the inspection process. Did that change? I just drop mine off and either wait in the lobby or come back and get it later these days

Pretty sure I could run my brights full time and not be equal to several of the vehicles I meet and that are behind me every morning

Or maybe I am getting old and the lights affect my eyes differently?

Maybe I need to wear my sunglasses at night?
                  My guys still enforce it. However new LED lights are just brighter in general. It’s also harder too tell if peoples high beams are on due too the newer vehicles led low beams being brighter. I know personally I have flashed people who I though their high beams were on but I was wrong and got blinded when flashed back. Lol

Comment

I would have to agree. I like them 90 model Corollas with the blue lights brighter than hell. They pizz me the hell off

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I get flashed all the time at night in a stock f250 without led lights. It’s even worse when pulling a trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                        I agree. I changed the lights in my Dully to aftermarket LED s. They are very bright and I had too adjust them down. I have been flashed a couple times since changing them out (this would happen before changing them out as well) so must not be too bad.

Comment

I think the newer lights in general are brighter, or maybe I’m right there with you on eyes getting older

Comment

So basically there is no regulation on the headlight brightness level? I am referring to both a LEO level as well as a Federal limitation. I see it all the time and it's just plain blinding. I agree with the lack of adjustment after lift kits and that is a lot of it. I know guys that change out their factory lights as soon as they can, just so they have brighter lights and enjoy flashing their brights to show other drivers what they really have in there.

I think there should be some form of regulation on it, regarding the lumens/brightness as well as those $#%# light bars. I can't tell you how many I see running down the road on during the daytime.

Comment

When I put a leveling kit on my f150, first thing I did was adjust headlights. When carrying a trailer they were still high so I adjusted down some more. I don't get flashed at any longer. I still get blinded sometimes and it is usually a truck with LED lights. My sons Tundra has an in cab headlight adjustment...way cool.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Working...
                              X