Silverado 1500 3L Duramax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silverado 1500 3L Duramax

Picked up a new pickup at the end of the year. It's a 2020 Silverado 1500 with the little 3L duramax diesel. Anyone else have one? I've been very impressed with it thus far. Average 24.5 mpg and have seen as high as 30 on the highway. Plenty of truck to do everything I need it to do. Only disappointment is the 22 gal fuel tank but the range is still outstanding.

Post a pic...I believe aftermarket tanks are available, but they're not cheap...$1,500'ish.

Comment

I don't have one but told the wife we should consider the 3L in the new yukon. Interested to hear what you think.

Comment

How's the "get up and go" in it? I know the torque has to make the drivability a lot better than say a 5.3. Pulled anything yet?

Comment

The TFL guys on Youtube ran it through the Ike Challenge and gave it pretty dang good reviews...I think it scored higher than any other 1/2 ton they have ever tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
            Post a pic...I believe aftermarket tanks are available, but they're not cheap...$1,500'ish.
            Here's a pic. It's got a few west texas pinstripes by now. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
              How's the "get up and go" in it? I know the torque has to make the drivability a lot better than say a 5.3. Pulled anything yet?
              Get up and go is solid. It's not a race car by any means but I tend to drive like a grandpa. Tons of torque. I have not pulled anything yet, will report back when I pull my crew can am defender next (not that it's a heavy load by any means).

Comment

didn't know they had a 1/2 ton diesel. learn something everyday

Comment

If it works like my Ram Ecodiesel you will like it. I have been very happy with the performance of the Eco. Probably similar to yours in that the HP numbers aren't high but the torque is nice and the mpg is even better. Pulling my 19' bass boat is like its not even back there when accelerating.

Comment

Do these halftons use DEF?

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                      Yes sir.

Comment

LoL Uncle Sam has required using DEF on everything diesel

Comment

And the higher cost of maintenance, and more expensive fuel.

OP, those MPG's hand calculated, or what the computer says?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            And the higher cost of maintenance, and more expensive fuel.

OP, those MPG's hand calculated, or what the computer says?
                            I underestimated average a little bit. Here's the hand calculated data.

Comment

Interestingly enough, I track all maintenance and fill ups. As a comparison, my f150 that got about 14-15 mpg, costs around $0.16 per mile. The diesel is averaging around $0.10 per mile. Of course, no maintenance costs, etc has been added to the Chevy yet, and those costs will be higher than the ford.

Comment

Working...
                              X