Thoughts on Ram Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twist View Post
    Bought a new Ram 1500 in September 2014.

Brakes at 39k and almost 116k on it now. tires and normal maintenance otherwise. Easily the best truck I’ve ever owned and I’ve had all of the Big 3 previously.

That said, pick the one you like best and take care of it, it’ll take care of you.
    simple and agree. I baby and sometimes think they have feelings. Care pays.

Comment

I have had three different Ram trucks since "04 and my son and I still drive 2 of them with no issues at all. I believe the Ram's are the best trucks on the road right now.

Comment

Best truck on the road after Fords. Just no trade in value.

Comment

Quality was supposed to have taken an up tic since Fiat got their hands on the RAM brand and split it from the "dodge" badging.

My wife's 2016 has been flawless, now at 48,*** miles, only seen dealer for a few recalls and oil changes.

Heck I've got a 2006 ranch truck (5.7 hemi) with 275k still running strong. A/C no longer blows cold, but the poor thing sits stagnant for months at a time- I'm fairly sure a seal dried out in the system and let the magic gas out.

Comment

Last year I bought a used, well maintained, 2012 Ram Outdoorsman, 5.7 HEMI, with 90,000 miles on it, from a friend.. I now have 113,000 on it.. So far I'm not impressed at all.. It has died, for no reason, 3 times while just driving down the road.. Cab light started leaking, Rear window started leaking, body metal is EXTREMELY flimsy, COKE can thin, you can liteally push on it hard with your finger and leave a permanent dent(F'ing ridiculous)!! Recently it has been hard to start.. Turns over but takes a while to actually crank..Engine ticks until warm which really has me worried...I wont buy another Dodge.. AND it is a gas guzzler.. 10-12 MPG. Horrible for a 1/2 ton truck...

I'm a older Chevy/GMC guy. My next truck will be an older, low mileage, mid to late 90's-early 2000's Chevy or GMC.. I've owned 4. Put over 250,000 on a couple.. Those trucks were bullet proof.. Much better than all the JUNK sold these days..
            Last edited by PondPopper; 01-12-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Had a 2500 4x4 2003 Diesel great truck only problem was AC turned out compressor body was porous (slow leak)..they replace and Everything was COOL

Comment

Rented a 19 with 40K last weekend. What a piece of junk. Hemi - 4X4 - 4 door that I would never buy.....

Tundra........................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  Rented a 19 with 40K last weekend. What a piece of junk. Hemi - 4X4 - 4 door that I would never buy.....

Tundra........................
                  That is not imo a fair evaulation on a 1 year old rental vehicle. 99% of people who rent vehicles treat them like crap.

Just my $0.02

Comment

I rented a newish Ram Rebel (4000 miles) last summer for a trip to the mountains. It drove amazingly and got 20MPG on the highway.

I'd buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                      That is not imo a fair evaulation on a 1 year old rental vehicle. 99% of people who rent vehicles treat them like crap.

Just my $0.02
                      I drive quite a few rentals every year. I can’t recall any that I’d say were a piece of crap already within 40k. Only had a few RAMs, but they’ve all been almost new.

Comment

5.7 hemi is the best motor you can get in half ton...

put the shifter back in the tree and I would buy another

current 2007 ram quad cam 4x4, would drive across the usa...has 165000

If i bought new...I would buy tundra.

Comment

If you are asking about a 1/2 ton I can’t help but my 2012 2500 diesel has 166,000 miles on it currently. Replaced one front hub, other than that nothing but routine maintenance. Mine doesn’t have the rattles that everyone likes to speak of on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was a Ford guy going back to the 80s. I thought I was going to buy a F150 King Ranch in 2016. A friend of mine was the sales manager of the dealership and he gave me one to drive for the weekend. It was the most uncomfortable truck I had ever been in. I said nope. He gave me a Dodge 1500 Longhorn to drive. It was a dream to drive and I knew immediately I was going to buy one. I went back a month later to order it. I have about 67K miles on it and hasnt had one warranty issue. All Ive done is change oil, rotate tires and buy a new set of tires. I cant say that for any Ford I owned.

Comment

I’m a ram guy. It’s hard for me to get away from them. Have had an 06 3500, 12 3500, 13 2500, 17 2500 and now in a 19 1500. Only times in the shop was for normal maintenance. I also agree that there are bad lemons in every brand. My brother had a few issues in his last ram, but just got another 3500. It’s hard for us to go away from ram because the local dealership takes pretty good care of us.

Comment

I was a F150 fan previously as well, but when my ‘04 finally started looking like the transmission was on its way out, I looked at new ones but was turned away price. I looked at Ram and was able to get more truck for less money. Now 2 years later, I’m still happy with it. Ram has come a long way after the Fiat buyout.

Comment

Working...
                                X