Labor day sales on cordless combos ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labor day sales on cordless combos ?

Well, my craftsman cordless tools have finally wore out/broke after 15 years. Time to get new cordless tools for home use.

Are there normally any Labor day sales on combo kits? Also, is brushless that much better than regular ? I like what I have seen in Dewalt tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My seamless gutter crew uses Dewalt. They work well, but we do go through them. The guys report the brushless last longer on one battery compared to the regulars. The thing to remember with Lithium batteries is let them cool after you run them empty before you charge them, at least when its hot outside like it is now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been thinking along the same lines Huntndad. Been look-n at the big D. May pick up the big brush-less kit. But will have to order it. Can't find hardly anyone in the area that carries kits except for the drill-driver and ratchet combo. And I've got nor real use for the ratchet driver.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
          My seamless gutter crew uses Dewalt. They work well, but we do go through them. The guys report the brushless last longer on one battery compared to the regulars. The thing to remember with Lithium batteries is let them cool after you run them empty before you charge them, at least when its hot outside like it is now.

Learned this lesson the hard (expensive) way.

Comment

The last Dewalt set I bought would have been great. If the batteries weren’t totally worthless. Hope they have improved as this was a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post

good to know, thanx

Comment

Sideways,

those are the tools I want, but it doesn't look to be brushless. However, I will go on to their website and check it out. thanx,

Comment

I have that set of tools but they are RYOBI. bought the kite 7 years ago, and both batteries went out within the last 4 months. Replaced them with a set of larger ah batteries and the tools still run great. most of my garage is ryobi green actually. EXTREMELY happy with the quality of the cheapy home depot greens.

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
                    I have that set of tools but they are RYOBI. bought the kite 7 years ago, and both batteries went out within the last 4 months. Replaced them with a set of larger ah batteries and the tools still run great. most of my garage is ryobi green actually. EXTREMELY happy with the quality of the cheapy home depot greens.
                    I have a bunch of Ryobi stuff as well. Very happy with mine as well.

Heck I’m still running some ryobi blue.

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
                      I have both Dewalt and Ryobi. Only issue I have ever had with the Ryobi was the batteries, and that was because my grandson killed them with a string trimmer. I have a metric boatload of the tools, and they are very tough. I just keep buying new batteries when I need them, and use these tools at the lease.
                      Dewalt that I have came with the little 2.5AH battery, which is more than alot of folks need, but of course I bought a couple 5AH off ebay, and I can't kill them.

Comment

Buy the dewalt xr set. It is more expensive but it’s the good stuff. People buy those cheap kits and complain when they break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the 1/2” XR Impact with a 5ah battery. It’s a stud of a tool.

Comment

XR line is what I was looking at.

Just might go ahead and order it tomorrow night. That way it should be here by the weekend.

Comment

Buddy of mine....

Comment

Working...
                              X