Lost hunters in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
    What makes you think they were trespassing?
    When you are hunting Government protected land that states no hunting. And you are caught hunting

Its not hard to get lost down there but it is easy to find your way out. A levy runs from one road to the next and the roads are only about 2miles apart. So not gonna speculate but where they were caught I know for a fact they did not have the rights to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdoggintexas View Post
      So they were trespassing but called the law for help?

Hog hunting with dogs is a newish fad that was a tradition long before high school kids found out about it and bought dog boxes. Real dog hunters don't trespass and ask before retrieving a dog off of private property.
      They didn't have permission to any of the land even close by. I know the 2 guys that do have the rights to run dogs all around there and these guys did not.

Comment

The guy even said he was worried about getting in trouble with the law or my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
          Lost is a good story if you are caught trespassing.
          X2

Comment

I got lost one after a hog I got w my bow. It sucked. Everything started looking the same. I called 911 and they triangulated my phone. Where I was at cell phones barely work. I found my way out and thanked the officers looking for me. Now I carry a Garmin rhino, my cell phone, and a battery pack to charge my cell.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
              When you are hunting Government protected land that states no hunting. And you are caught hunting

Its not hard to get lost down there but it is easy to find your way out. A levy runs from one road to the next and the roads are only about 2miles apart. So not gonna speculate but where they were caught I know for a fact they did not have the rights to hunt.
              Fair assessment. Thanks

Comment

I used to duck hunt down there.....with permission.

As far as I know, that's all privately owned land down there.

Not everyone out there hunting should be.

The other thing is to carry a compass. At least you won't be walking in circles.

Comment

Everyone has google maps On their phone .
                  The until they were tracking with has gps, a map and a compass on it.
                  Poachers.

Comment

I know a guy that was one that "rescued" them. He said there was no treatment done so it won't be a HIPPA violation. He said nobody fell in the water, nobody was treated for anything & they weren't trespassing.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                      Everyone has google maps On their phone .
                      The until they were tracking with has gps, a map and a compass on it.
                      Poachers.
                      Not everyone. My phone doesn't even have the interweb at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        Ok. Everyone 15-40 has google maps.

Comment

I am on a private gun range in that neck of the woods.

It does get pretty think back in that area but they found the river, follow it to a road/bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

Not everybody has a Barney Rubble phone with a bird in it transporting messages flying back and forth either..

How do you get lost with GPS tracking devices on your dogs? Does your home unit not have a place to mark the starting point?

Comment

I do know that we almost got turned around looking for the deer in my avatar this year because a) the signal was suspect, b) I was down to 11% battery, c) in a new moon and d) a long way from any fence, camp or truck in the dark. Luckily the battery held out and the phone compass got us to the south fenceline....signal or no signal.

I will be adding a real GPS, my real compass , battery powered glow sticks for marking, to a small tracking bag. Plus like said above, I'll throw my blind pack external battery in there if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                                I know a guy that was one that "rescued" them. He said there was no treatment done so it won't be a HIPPA violation. He said nobody fell in the water, nobody was treated for anything & they weren't trespassing.
                                I stand corrected. They were on the other side of the river from the place I assumed. See what I get for assuming

The place they were on my buddy USED to hunt but his dogs kept swimming across onto the government land so he let it go. Guess these guys picked it up.
                                Last edited by elliscountyhog; 11-28-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X