Route through Dallas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Route through Dallas?

Headed to Waco tomorrow, and the route takes me right through Dallas. Should hit it about 8 pm tomorrow night. Will the pictured route be all right then? Coming down from Iowa, so definitely open to better options. Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

As good as any at that time.

Comment

should be fine

Comment

I would think by 8 pm it would be fine but who knows.

Have a safe trip.

Comment

I have given up on trying to predict Dallas traffic. Some days at 8:00 that route through Dallas will take 30 minutes and another day it will take 2.5 hours. You never know.

Comment

I live in Allen which is off 75 just south of McKinney. When I go to Austin I take 75 south to 45 south then catch I20 east to I35E to Austin. I hate the route it shows you. Mileage wise, mine may be a lil longer but to me easier travel.

Comment

south 75 after 635 is always pretty rough going. At 8pm you will be alright though

Comment

I leave work at 715pm and come down 75 all the way down 45 to Ennis and there's usually still some traffic but not terrible at that time.

Comment

You should be good but check out Waze.

Comment

Should be fine but you could pay a few tolls and take 121 over to Dallas north tollway. They will mail you a bill. Use that if 75 gets messy.

Comment

At 8pm you’ll be golden

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                        I live in Allen which is off 75 just south of McKinney. When I go to Austin I take 75 south to 45 south then catch I20 east to I35E to Austin. I hate the route it shows you. Mileage wise, mine may be a lil longer but to me easier travel.
                        I do the same thing. 35 in downtown is always bad.

Comment

should be good at 8 pm or so. Just PAY ATTENTION TO ROAD SIGNS it gets tricky coming out on the other end of Dallas proper.

If by chance traffic is backed up before you get to 635, you may want to proceed as Rotney suggested.

Comment

Do you have the app called Waze? If not, get it. You'll be glad you did. It will lead you through the route with the least amount of congestion.

Comment

I personally would go I35W through Fort Worth, not sure why you are coming down on 75?

Anyway, as mentioned you should be fine. IF you are hitting it at rush hour you can take Hwy 75 to the George Bush tollway headed east. Then get on I30 west, to I635 to I20 then I35. Sometimes my GPS takes me this way when I have been up in Allen leaving during rush hour. But at 8PM at night I would just go the way you are planning.

Comment

Working...
                              X