S&B Soft Point ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&B Soft Point ammo

Has anyone used their Soft Point ammo on deer and how well did it perform? I know they offer it in several popular calibers.

I have used it in my 788 in 223. Shot several deer with em. All neck shots from 80 yard to 140 yards. All dropped in there tracks. Also out of my 243. All neck shots. Seemed to expand and work great.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Would you say they are on par with Remington, Winchester, Federal or Hornady Soft Points?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
        Would you say they are on par with Remington, Winchester, Federal or Hornady Soft Points?

I’d say yes. But like I said everything was neck shots.

The 223 are a little on the hot side as factory ammo goes. If I’m thinking correctly they were around 3300 FPS.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

What caliber are you after?

Comment

6.5 Creedmoor

Comment

They have them in 131 and 140. The FMJ’s have really good reviews of course that isn’t hunting ammo.

Comment

S&B Soft Point ammo

From what I read they use quality bullets. Some are hornady and Sierra bullets. Heck now I’m wanting to try them out in my 6.5 Creedmoor.

They also have 120gr ballistic tip. And a 156 grain soft point.

Last edited by Buckwheat; 07-12-2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Buy some and test on some hogs!!

Comment

We don’t have too many hogs up here in Indiana

Comment

We don’t have too many hogs up here in Indiana
                      I didn’t realize we allowed foreigners on tbh

Comment

I have been here for a longtime ��

Comment

I just emailed them and asked which bullets they use for this ammo.

Comment

I just emailed them and asked which bullets they use for this ammo.

Please post there response.

Comment

A lot of the times companies won’t tell you which bullets they use but if they tell me I will pass it along

Comment

Working...
                              X