Buy good ribs to start
    Remove all silver skin
    Will come out great every time

Comment

These will be ready at 2:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
        Don’t forget to remove the membrane on the bone side before putting your on rub. 3/2/1 works great for me
        X100000 key step right here

Comment

About how much do y’all like to dial it back for st louis

Comment

I’ll get ripped for this but I want my ribs close to fall off the bone. I’m not in a competition and don’t want have to wrestle them.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
              for st Louis cut, I do 2-1-1 @ 225F. anything longer makes them fall off the bone, which is over cooked IMO.

after final hour, I pull them, add glaze (look up amazing ribs glaze),& put in cold oven to rest for about 20 mins.

for prep, rub with mustard, then your favorite dry rub. the mustard helps the rub stick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
              This is almost exactly what I do too but never put a glaze on them. Might try that sometime...

I prepped these this morning with mustard rub, then Williams Rib Tickler rub and sprinkled lower sodium soy sauce over 'em and let 'em sit while I built my fire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8683.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	24584134

Name:	IMG_8685.jpg
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	24584135

They're about 45 minutes from wrapping now... had 'em going at right around 200-210 degrees...

Name:	IMG_8686.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	24584136

Comment

All y’all guys thatbar cooking ribs without Strawberries Rub are missing out on something great!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[quote=panhandlehunter;14228315]Yep. Follow the 3-2-1 method. 3 hour smoke, 2 hours in foil, I usually throw in some butter, brown sugar, a little honey and a little bbq sauce in the foil. Then take them out of the foil and cook for another hour. They come out just about perfect
                  Last edited by Dr. Evil; 07-04-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

As an alternative, you can just cook them till they are done. 3-2-1, 4-1-1, 4-2-.5......there is no need for all of that. Your end result is supposed to be tender, juicy ribs....period. You can achieve that by just cooking them open till they are done, applying whatever “extra” flavor that you want, and letting them rest properly at the end. In the past, I too tried all the “magic numbers”, but when you have to cook 20-30 slabs at a time, wrapping and unwrapping is a lot of wasted time and expense in foil. We had to figure out a better way.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                      As an alternative, you can just cook them till they are done. 3-2-1, 4-1-1, 4-2-.5......there is no need for all of that. Your end result is supposed to be tender, juicy ribs....period. You can achieve that by just cooking them open till they are done, applying whatever “extra” flavor that you want, and letting them rest properly at the end. In the past, I too tried all the “magic numbers”, but when you have to cook 20-30 slabs at a time, wrapping and unwrapping is a lot of wasted time and expense in foil. We had to figure out a better way.
                      That could prolly sum up most cooking in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                        But when you’re cooking 1-2 racks it works just fine.

Comment

I never put my ribs in foil.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            But when you’re cooking 1-2 racks it works just fine.
                            On the rare occasion that I only cook 1-2, I still much prefer to cook them open. The bark/texture is much better (in my opinion only). Anything put into foil gets steam cooked. To each their own.

Comment

They wuz goooood!
                              Ranch style beans and homemade mustard potato salad and coconut marshmallow salad...

Name:	IMG_8687.jpg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	24584161

Name:	IMG_8688.jpg
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	24584162

Name:	IMG_8689.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	24584163

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy Bottom View Post
                                Good babybacks ive been doing 2.5/1.5/.5. They have have been coming out better on my pit.

@ 225?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X